Advancement OfficerCompany: Ottawa Network forEducation
Date Posted: August 4, 2017
Looking for a great place to work?
Consider joining the dynamic and creative team at the Ottawa Network for Education.
The Ottawa Network for Education (ONFE) is a non-profit charitable organization that develops innovative collaborative programs to enrich public education in Ottawa. Working with partners from business, education, government and the community, ONFE has launched over 40 programs since its inception in 1985. ONFE also acts as a catalyst for discussion and collaborative action around local education issues.
You are an energetic and creative individual who is ready to lead the grant writing, monthly giving and third-party event portfolios at ONFE.
You have experience managing a database, and you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Write and track grant applications in support of ONFE programming
- Grow third-party fundraising revenue by cultivating and securing new relationships
- Grow the monthly giving program through strategic communications and engagement with current donors
- Provide tax receipts to all donors
- Maintain the ONFE database for the advancement department
- Support all major ONFE fundraising events
- Liaise with leadership team and programming staff to advance fundraising initiatives at ONFE
- Other tasks as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism or a related field
- Minimum five years of progressive experience in fundraising
- Proven track record of securing grant applications
- Proven track record in relationship building/partnership development
- Excellent proposal and grant writing skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM databases (preferably
- Raiser’s Edge and/or eTapestry).
- Fluency in both English and French would be considered an asset
This is a full-time position with an attractive benefits package.
Please send your resume to email@example.com by 9 am on August 21st, 2017. Consideration of applications will begin on August 21. The competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about the Ottawa Network for Education, please visit our website at http://www.onfe-rope.ca.