Marketing and Communication OfficerCompany: Ottawa Network forEducation
Date Posted: August 4, 2017
Looking for a great place to work?
Consider joining the dynamic and creative team at the Ottawa Network for Education.
The Ottawa Network for Education (ONFE) is a non-profit charitable organization that develops innovative collaborative programs to enrich public education in Ottawa. Working with partners from business, education, government and the community, ONFE has launched over 40 programs since its inception in 1985. ONFE also acts as a catalyst for discussion and collaborative action around local education issues.
Marketing and Communication Officer
You are an energetic and creative individual who is ready to lead all aspects of marketing and communications at ONFE. You are a talented writer, with an ability to communicate strategically through multiple platforms.
- Develop key messages for ONFE programs, events and fundraising initiatives.
- Collaborate with programming staff to identify opportunities to market ONFE’s programs to stakeholders, volunteers and donors.
- Maintain marketing and communications content calendar for ONFE programs and fundraising initiatives.
- Write compelling, donor centered copy for ONFE publications and campaigns (e-newsletters, fundraising appeals, donor reports, social media)
- Build strategic communications plan that supports volunteer recruitment and fundraising initiatives
- Update and maintain website
- Create ONFE Annual Report
- Monitor key communications metrics to track performance of ONFE content
- Write media and press releases
Required Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism or a related field
- Minimum three years of experience in non-profit and/or fundraising.
- Exceptional writing skills with an ability to craft compelling stories
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM databases (preferably Raiser’s Edge and/or eTapestry) and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Experience using Word Press, Google Analytics and basic graphic design skills
- Fluency in both English and French would be considered an asset
This is a part-time position equivalent to 3 days per week.
Please send your resume to email@example.com by 9 am on August 21st, 2017. Consideration of applications will begin on August 21. The competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about the Ottawa Network for Education, please visit our website at http://www.onfe-rope.ca.