Fund Development ManagerCompany: Children’s Aid Foundation of Ottawa
Date Posted: September 21, 2017
The Children’s Aid Foundation of Ottawa is looking for a dynamic, outgoing and results oriented Fund Development Manager to join our growing team!
The Children’s Aid Foundation of Ottawa (CAFO) is the fundraising arm of the Children’s Aid Society of Ottawa. Through our donor community, CAFO funds programs that annually provide over 1,000 children and youth with opportunities to create lifelong memories and reach their full potential so they can have an equal chance at growing into healthy and successful adults.
Purpose of Position:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Development Manager will be responsible for coordinating, planning, designing, and executing all aspects of fund development with a primary focus on individual giving. The successful candidate will provide leadership on fundraising initiatives including our monthly donor program, major gifts, event sponsorship and donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Lead the design and implementation of a comprehensive fund development
plan in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Build new and maintain existing relationships with individual donors, corporations, and community partners
- Implement a strategy for stewarding existing donors and sponsors
- Implement creative tactics and annual campaigns to increase revenue from
individual donors, with an emphasis on monthly donors
- Increase fundraising revenue through various development opportunities and secure corporate sponsors by leveraging CAFO’s three annual fundraising events (Salut!, Golf Tournament, World Trivia Night)
- Grow third-party fundraising revenue by cultivating and securing new partner relationships
- Keep detailed and accurate records in donor relationship management database
Required Skill Sets and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in a fundraising organization.
- Proven track record of building donor relationships and partnership development in the Ottawa community
- A genuine interest in and support for our cause
- Comfortable and confident in making asks to individuals and corporations
- Strong prioritizing and organizing skills with the ability to work accurately under numerous deadlines
- Excels under ambitious objectives
- Ability to work with minimal supervision (self-motivated and confident).
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Bilingualism is an asset
Conditions of Employment:
- Permanent, full-time, occasional weekend and/or evening work may be required at fundraising events
- Regular travel (within the Ottawa area) in personal vehicle is required
- The successful candidate will be asked to provide a current criminal records check (vulnerable sector)
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by Wednesday, October 4, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org