PRINCIPAL DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT, ARTS AND SCIENCECompany: Concordia University
Date Posted: October 4, 2017
Concordia University is in the midst of the most ambitious fundraising campaigns in its history. A key component of this major institutional campaign is to grow fundraising performance, increase and sustain volunteer and alumni engagement and build advancement and alumni relations capacity within and beyond the University. Fundraising results have grown significantly and consistently over the last 5 years.
We are seeking a Principal Director of Development, Arts and Science to join a dynamic team of development professionals to create and implement a strategic approach to fundraising in the Faculty of Arts and Science. Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Development, with an indirect report to the Dean of the Faculty, the incumbent will be responsible for planning and executing all fund development activities and will direct the cultivation of prospective donors and the solicitation of gifts from alumni, corporations, foundations, friends, faculty and staff.
Concordia offers a stimulating and dynamic environment. Work in an inspiring and challenging place to redefine the 21st century university.
- Collaborate with the AVP, Development and the Dean as well as other relevant stakeholders to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Monitor and evaluate fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved; monitor trends in the community and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary; monitor expenses and analyze budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary.
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities.
- Recruit, interview, and select well-qualified fund development staff with the AVP and in consultation with the Dean.
- Implement the fund development plans in accordance with AAR’s priorities.
- Adhere to the highest ethical fundraising principles, AAR and University policies and procedures, as well as CRA requirements.
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization.
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the faculty's fundraising priorities.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of donor information and the database; oversee the planning and collaborate in the execution of special fundraising events with the Advancement & Alumni Relations Events team as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and over seven (7) years of fund raising experience with a proven track record in fundraising major gifts.
- Advanced knowledge of fundraising management.
- Knowledge of special events planning and management, as well as knowledge of the management of volunteer resources.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities and knowledge of the Canadian Centre for Philanthropy's Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability Code.
- Proven leadership abilities and the ability to establish and to build lasting relationships.
- Good spoken and written English and French language skills (level 4) in order communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, and to identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the faculty's fundraising priorities.
- Good knowledge of fund raising software, word processing, databases, spreadsheets, e-mail, and internet to prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities.
- Fundraising experience in an institution of higher learning, a certificate in Fundraising Management, and Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation are assets.
Please send your curriculum vitae with a covering letter (one document, PDF or WORD) by November 1, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should be the position number: C5426