Fund Development OfficerCompany: Hospice Renfew
Date Posted: November 24, 2017
Reporting to and under the direction of the Executive Director (ED), the incumbent will develop and implement strategies for fund development and communications for Hospice Renfrew. This position will be responsible for identifying, organizing and overseeing fundraising activities in order to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, faith communities and individuals.
Fund and Event Development
- Develops and implements a long term fund development plan, including revenue targets, to support the strategic priorities of the Board of Directors;
- Executes the annual fund development activities, including events, donor acquisition and recognition, grant submissions and legacy/planned giving;
- In conjunction with the ED, establishes and assumes responsibility for annual donor revenue targets;
- Develops and maintains a charitable donor management system;
- Identifies revenue development opportunities, establishing and building relationships with all stakeholders within the region, and developing donor stewardship strategies;
- Leads and coordinates event committees to ensure events are planned; effectively and take place and that follow-up is completed;
- Liaises with third party event organizers;
- Coordinates and produces the donor newsletter;
- Participates, as a staff resource, on the Fund Development Committee;
- Develops and manages a fundraising volunteer team.
- Coordinates the preparation of communication/marketing materials, including media releases, corporate website and social media venues;
- Prepares communication and promotional materials for fundraising events;
- Establishes connections and collaborative relationships with community partners and donor audiences;
- Researches innovative new developments and best practices in community relations.
Other duties may include: Leading or participating in projects, committees or ad hoc activities on behalf of the ED
Education and Experience
- Education in a related field combined with experience in fund development, communications and/or social media platforms. Advanced computer/social media management experience
Demonstrated Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively as member of an interdisciplinary management team;
- Ability to plan, develop and implement a comprehensive fund development program including complex financial, human resource and operational plans;
- Desire to continue professional development opportunities that are relevant to the position;
- Ability to adapt to change and work flexible hours;
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
Please submit expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 31, 2017.
Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.