Campaign Fundraising SpecialistCompany: Queensway Carleton Hospital Foundation
Date Posted: January 30, 2018
12 Month Contract Position
This is a wonderful opportunity for a seasoned fundraiser to be part of The Queensway Carleton Hospital Foundation’s campaign, Advancing Care for All Ages. We are halfway through the campaign and are looking for a strategic thinker, who can work well with senior volunteers to join us in reaching the finish line.
If you have a keen desire to build relationships through donor-centred strategies and are passionate about the healthcare sector this is the opportunity for you.
The Foundation is looking for an individual who is motivated by wishing to further the investment from the community in the Queensway Carleton Hospital.
The Campaign Specialist will work with the Director of Philanthropy and the President and CEO in support of the campaign.
The successful candidate will be responsible for encouraging philanthropic support from prospective donors with a general focus on gifts in the $10,000 to $100,000 range.
This individual will have targets that will focus on a portfolio of activities intended to foster effective and lasting relationships with a view secure philanthropic support from both individuals and corporations.
The fundraising specialist will have a role in seeking out individuals with a desire to support the Campaign Cabinet by engaging the cabinet volunteers and liaising with the Foundation’s other fundraising specialists.
The Fundraising Specialists will:
- Create a portfolio of new prospective donors and develop strategies for a segment of existing donors
- Be part of a collaborative culture that is donor-centred
- Develop new strategies to build and maintain a competitive position for securing gifts and maximizing giving opportunities within the assigned portfolio.
- Manage their portfolio through the donor cycle, incorporating the principals of relationship management to secure financial support for the campaign.
- Work closely with other areas of the Foundation to ensure proper prospect clearance, to develop donor relations and cultivation plans to maximize acquisition, retention, and moves management as befits the donor cycle.
- Actively and personally identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual, small business and corporate donors and sponsors; ensures that solicitations and/or meaningful stewardship contacts are undertaken with all donors and prospects.
- Execute clear benchmarks for success and fulfill KPIs (key performance indicators) appropriate to the portfolio.
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording and reporting of data related to their portfolio/accounts.
- Offer analysis and management reports in support of portfolio demographics.
Education: Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma (example: Public Relations, Fundraising, Entrepreneurship, Business), CFRE designation preferred.
Knowledge and Experience: Minimum of five to seven years of experience as a fundraiser and experience working with fundraising volunteers and/ or Board members for a fundraising organization and/or combination of not for profit revenue generating experience.
Familiarity with CRM system, Raiser’s Edge would be considered an asset.
Sound Knowledge of the principles and practices of fundraising techniques and CRA guidelines.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and executes role with integrity and respect.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the community, positively representing the Foundation.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of the Foundation and the Hospital.
- Abide by the professional and ethical standards of practice set out by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and the Code of the Ethics of the Centre of Philanthropy.
- Operate within culture and core values of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Queensway Carleton Hospital Foundation.
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle.
- This contract will be home based with regular work hours scheduled at the QCHF office.
- Extensive local travel is required with personal vehicle.
- It is understood that there will be times when peak workload periods or QCHF events require additional time /effort
If this position sounds like that challenge you are looking for please send your resume and cover letter to Anna Silverman at email@example.com . All resumes will be kept in the strictest confidence, only those selected to move forward in the process will be contacted. Dead line for submission February 21.