Development OfficerCompany: The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
Date Posted: February 12, 2018
The Ottawa Hospital
The Ottawa Hospital is one of Canada’s largest learning and research hospitals, with more than 1,100 beds, approximately 12,000 staff members and an annual budget of about $1.2 billion.
Our focus on learning and research helps us develop new and innovative ways to treat patients and improve care. As a multi-campus hospital affiliated with the University of Ottawa, we deliver specialized care to the Eastern Ontario region, but our techniques and research discoveries are adopted around the world. We engage the community at all levels to support our vision for better patient care.
From the compassion of our people to the relentless pursuit of new discoveries, The Ottawa Hospital never stops seeking solutions to the most complex health-care challenges.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation’s (TOHF) purpose is to inspire and enable people to support the highest quality health care and world class research at The Ottawa Hospital.
At TOHF, we are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest and the most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and work satisfaction for all of our employees. Consistently, we are ranked as one of the highest performing foundations in Canada.
TOHF is challenging all energetic, self-motivated and results-oriented individuals to join our exciting, dynamic and donor-centered team! We are currently searching for an experienced individual to join our team as a Development Officer.
Reporting to the Director, Community Engagement & Business Development, as a member of our fundraising team, the Development Officer is responsible for supporting revenue objectives related to our two participant based events: THE RIDE and Run for a Reason. This position will be focused on the renewal, cultivation and stewardship of our event teams and individual participants for these signature events.
- Provide professional face-to-face contact with donors and others seeking information regarding supporting The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with prospective event participants and teams
- Proactively support and develop effective and innovative approaches to business development solicitation strategies to acquire new event participants and teams
- Deliver presentations to corporate and community partners, prospects and event participants
- Collaborate with internal (communications, donor relations etc.) to facilitate the development of presentations, promotional and recognition collateral for assigned events
- Attend cultivation, recognition or stewardship activities as required
- Minimum of three to five year of progressive experience working in a front-facing fundraising role for an organization of similar scope and complexity in the not for profit sector
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to think strategically, be creative and work independently in driving new initiatives or enhancing existing programs
- Excellent project management skills
- Detail oriented and proactive in anticipating and responding to team’s needs to manage multiple/changing priorities
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects within tightly prescribed timelines
- Exceptional oral presentation skills and written communication skills
- Team player and relationship builder
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable in a fast pace and fluid work environment
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office products
- Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge Database/ Blackbaud Products would be an asset
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Willingness and ability to work outside of regular business hours is required
- Bilingualism, French and English, is a definite asset
In addition to an exceptional and collaborative work environment, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and values and supports ongoing professional development opportunities.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. Remuneration will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you have a passion for our community’s health care system, please forward your resume and cover letter outlining your fundraising experience, salary expectations and why you think you would be a suitable candidate for this position by February 23, 2018. Your applications should be saved in the following format Firstname_Lastname_Jobtitle.
Job Contact Information
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation 737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st Floor Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8
(Fax) 613 761-5014