Director of PhilanthropyCompany: The MATCH International Women's Fund
Date Posted: February 22, 2017
Director of Philanthropy
The MATCH International Women’s Fund
Position Title: Director of Philanthropy
Employment Type: full-time
Reports to: President & CEO
Language: English (French desirable)
The MATCH Fund is Canada’s first and only International Women’s Fund. We raise funds to support women’s organizations at the grassroots so they can dismantle barriers, challenge perceptions and transform society. We are the bridge between donors in Canada and the most innovative groups led by women and girls around the world. The MATCH Fund is on the cusp of significant growth. We have a new opportunity for a seasoned fundraiser to join the organization at this exciting time and play a leading role in helping the organization grow smartly, and ultimately, to thrive.
The MATCH Fund strongly believes that supporting women’s rights organizations globally is essential to achieving lasting equality for women. As such, we are committed to mobilizing resources to amplify the work of these groups. In the Fund Director, we are seeking a dynamic individual with a strong fundraising background to strengthen and lead our ambitious development efforts.
Our fundraising ambition is rooted in the passion to accelerate the global movement toward gender equality. As the Director of Philanthropy, you will be a proactive leader, a builder of both teams and systems and a strategist with a penchant for detail. Most importantly, you are talented in the way of relationships and you understand how to create deep connections with donors. You will have leadership and oversee the growth, direction and implementation of individual giving programs including annual and major gifts. You are a proactive team player who thrives in a creative team that values feminism, courage and nimbleness. You are willing to adapt to a start-up culture and share our bold vision for creating transformative change in the world.
NATURE AND SCOPE
As Director of Philanthropy you will formulate and implement strategies for increasing individual giving revenue across fundraising channels. With responsibility for developing and achieving revenue goals, you will grow an integrated fundraising program. You will also be responsible for designing and creating the workflows, processes and structures that will enable the organization to achieve its ambitious fundraising targets.
Identification, Cultivation and Stewardship of Prospects (40%):
● Develop and foster relationships to expand our donor base for all revenue streams;
● Research new and current prospects and support the development of integrated processes to leverage current opportunities;
● Directly solicit major gifts and nurture long-term donor relationships;
● Implement a stewardship and donor relations program, including the hiring of new staff.
Fundraising Programs and Campaigns (30%):
● Develop the annual fundraising plan which will include major gifts and annual giving;
● Oversee the Annual Giving Program including the monthly giving program, legacy giving and direct mail programs;
● Oversee the donor continuum from identification through to stewardship;
● Develop personalized proposals as required.
Leadership and Management of the Fundraising Unit (25%):
● Provide supervision, coaching and performance management to the fundraising team;
● Review and strengthen the organization’s donor management database and pipeline in order to achieve the organization’s short and long-term fundraising goals;
● Utilize the donor management database to: maintain accurate, up-to-date tracking of prospects and donors and appropriate documentation of all gifts, execute “moves management” and track weekly activities.
● Ensure that the donor management database is updated with outcomes, actions, notes, intelligence, relationship connections, and create new proposals as required.
● Participate in staff meetings, strategic meetings and board meetings as needed;
● Represent the organization publicly as needed;
● Manage the fundraising budget to ensure expenses are within the budget and according to the budget line items;
● Perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● Successful completion of a University degree in a relevant field, (experience deemed to be equivalent to this requirement may be acceptable);
● Between 5-10 years’ work experience in fundraising with a track record in prospect research, creating and implementing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies;
● Management experience, particularly as it relates to building teams to deliver fundraising outcomes;
● Experience in setting and tracking budgets and financial management;
● Experience in international and/or women’s rights a definite asset.
● Exceptional relationship building skills;
● A track record of securing major gifts;
● Ability to recruit, motivate and collaborate with executive allies, including board members, advisors and major donors;
● Ability to deliver excellent written and oral presentations;
● Strong interpersonal, organization and analytical skills;
● Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines and financial targets;
● Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, diplomacy and tact;
● Ability to navigate a start-up work culture with agility;
● Strong computer skills and excellent written and oral communications and presentation;
● Demonstrated creativity and ability to think in new ways about revenue generation;
● Rooting in feminist principles.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
Email: email@example.com. Please include “Director of Philanthropy Application” as the subject line. Please send your applications by Sunday, March 11th 2018.
No phone calls, please. Only email applications will be accepted. We thank all who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The MATCH Fund encourages, promotes and supports diversity in all aspects of its work.
To learn more about The MATCH Fund, please visit our website at http://matchinternational.org