Individual Giving SpecialistCompany: Canadian Occupational Therapy Foundation
Date Posted: April 3, 2018
The Canadian Occupational Therapy Foundation (http://www.cotfcanada.org) is a not-for-profit charitable organization with its head office in Ottawa. COTF was founded in 1983 and continues to be the only organization that exclusively funds occupational therapy research and scholarships for occupational therapists in Canada. In the past, the Foundation focused on managing and disbursing funds to individuals focused primarily on academic research and scholarships. COTF’s new strategic plan shifts its focus to highlight the importance of funding research that is equally relevant to clinical practice.
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Director, COTF is looking for a results-driven Individual Giving Specialist to develop and implement the organization’s fundraising strategy, which is based on clear objectives set by the Board of Directors. COTF is on an exciting journey of transformation, having engaged expert consultants who have drafted the organization’s fundraising strategy and plan.
As an enthusiastic and energetic individual, you will have the opportunity to work with and build on this plan. At the same time, you will be willing to share creative innovative fundraising ideas to support COTF’s strategic goals. You will have the chance to make a significant difference and contribution to the organization through this newly created position.
As a great communicator and organizer, you will be required to create and put in place a strong donor stewardship program to support a more effective direct mail, monthly giving and major giving program. The intended goal is to improve donor retention and increase individual giving to ensure long term growth.
You will enjoy working with a small team to meet the Foundation’s objectives, which have been fully developed through its strategic plan. This is a part-time home office based position with flexible hours, a comprehensive benefits package and a competitive salary.
With the primary objective of increased donor retention and giving:
- Create and implement a stewardship program;
- Identify and put in place opportunities to increase donor acquisition in order to ensure that COTF is able to maintain a healthy donor pipeline;
- Work with staff to participate in donor and prospect communications;
- Develop and implement individual giving campaigns (direct mail, monthly giving, major giving) to support COTF’s annual strategic planning as set by COTF’s Board of Directors;
- Establish and maintain necessary timelines to ensure that all fundraising goals are met;
- Support the further development of COTF’s Case for Support, as the organization’s research funding program continues to evolve;
- Act as a fundraising advisor to COTF’s Board and staff to support overall fundraising more effectively;
- Track and report on fundraising goals and projects;
- Work on other related projects as directed by the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Post-secondary education;
- Minimum two years fundraising experience in a not-for-profit ;
- Experience working with volunteers who are primarily board directors;
- Demonstrated ability to build new and long-term relationships with prospects, donors and volunteers;
- Proven record of successfully soliciting and closing gifts, as well as managing individual giving programs;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and data management;
- Demonstrated experience using ProDon or equivalent systems for tracking donor segmentation, reporting and follow up for donors, prospects;
- Able to work with little supervision;
- Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency requirements for operating as a charity including record keeping, receipting;
- Bilingualism (English/French) asset.
Interested candidates are invited to send their covering letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com no later than April 25, 2018. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. COTF thanks all candidates for their interest.