Development Officer of Strategic PartnershipsCompany: The Ottawa Mission Foundation
Date Posted: April 25, 2016
The Core Purpose of the Ottawa Mission Foundation is to be the fundraising arm of The Ottawa Mission; whose core purpose is to reflect Jesus’ love in serving the homeless, the hungry, and the lost.
The Foundation was established in 2010 to allow those providing front line programs and services to focus on their work without having the additional responsibility of fundraising.
Our Mission is to provide food, shelter, clothing and skills, and offer healing, faith and hope for building a wholesome life.
Our Vision is to become a collaborative leader and innovator in empowering those we serve in transitioning to wholeness, and our Values are: Acceptance, Respect, Compassion, Integrity and Independence.
The Development Officer – Strategic Partnerships (Development Officer) at The Ottawa Mission Foundation plays a key role in an organization that works tirelessly to rebuild the lives of our society's most vulnerable people. The Development Officer performs more than just a leadership role in fundraising; he/she is an important part of a highly respected community of caring in Canada’s capital.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Director of Annual Giving, the Development Officer executes a strategic partnership program to help grow the Foundation’s support and ensure the financial viability of The Ottawa Mission. The Development Officer proactively engages corporations, foundations and service clubs for engagement of philanthropy, cause-marketing and workplace campaigns. He/she is highly organized, detail oriented and has impeccable communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with key donors, prospects and community supporters.
- Meet personal portfolio and team goals specific to revenue, call volume, proposal development and solicitation;
- Focus on $5,000+ pipeline development and growth;
- This role is very external facing with high importance placed on prospect and donor meetings;
- Effective management of Ottawa Mission & Foundation senior volunteers including orientation, call management and preparation;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key donors, prospects, and community supporters;
- Support the development and execution of account and relationship plans for all key donors and prospects assigned to senior team members, including the Executive Director of the Ottawa Mission and he Executive Director of the Ottawa Mission Foundation;
- Conduct presentations and lead meetings with existing donors as well as potential new donors;
- Create relationship management plans to ensure coordinated efforts for cultivation and solicitation of donors;
- Support donor relations helping to create full stewardship plans to ensure satisfaction of gift agreements and the achievement of maximum value in corporate and foundation relationships;
- Work with senior members of the Ottawa Mission to identify opportunities for donor support and engagement;
- Support the implementation of a coordinated approach for prospect identification and clearance to ensure the best possible approach is developed;
- Meticulously use the donor database (Raiser’s Edge) to record donor interactions and proposal status.
- University Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A minimum of five years progressive fundraising experience with a proven track record of successful relationship and closing gifts;
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge CRM software an asset;
- Outstanding written communication skills and demonstrated success at persuasive writing
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Ability to think strategically, work independently, and manage competing priorities in a high-volume, and results oriented environment;
- Ability to passionately articulate key messages and demonstrate an understanding of the Ottawa Mission;
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills and exacting attention to detail;
- Acts as a positive influence with throughout the organization, fostering a commitment to teamwork and building a climate of professionalism, openness and communication;
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends;
- A commitment to the values and vision of the Ottawa Mission;
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Bilingualism (English/French) considered an asset.
- Must work to, sometimes strident, deadlines, manage and respond to competing priorities;
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, and lifting;
- Primarily Office Setting;
- Travelling by car throughout the city;
- Interacts with employees, donors and the community at large.
If interested in applying please submit your resumé, using "Development Officer, Strategic Planning" in the subject line, to Lesley Horne, Director of Human Resouces, at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in The Ottawa Mission, however, due to the volume of resumés we receive, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
ACCOMMODATION IS AVAILABLE, UPON REQUEST, FOR ALL APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
THE OTTAWA MISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER