Fundraising ProfessionalCompany: Community Ministries of the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa
Date Posted: May 4, 2016
The Community Ministries of the Anglican Diocese of Ottawa are seeking a Fundraising Professional to join our growing team. Reporting to the Director of Mission, the competent and enthusiastic Fundraising Professional will be responsible for enhancing the revenue and long-term fundraising sustainability of four unique organizations: Centre 454, The Well, St. Luke’s Table, and the Ottawa Pastoral Counselling Centre. In addition the successful candidate will work in close collaboration with financial development colleagues from Cornerstone Housing for Women (also one of the Community Ministries) and the Diocese.
This is a new, permanent full-time position and an exciting opportunity for a dynamic team player who enjoys working collaboratively with a diverse team of professionals and volunteers who are committed to effectively enhancing their response to poverty, homelessness, and mental health issues.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Peter John Hobbs, Director of Mission at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 25 2016.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be comfortable working in a faith-based organization and consistent with the values and principles set by the Community Ministries of the Anglican Diocese;
- Develop revenue generating strategies, plan and oversee activities to achieve fundraising goals, and increase donations to Community Ministries of Ottawa;
- Conduct comprehensive research in order to identify and recommend potential funding prospects and opportunities;
- Develop and implement innovative and strategic communication and solicitation strategies to build donor loyalty, improve retention, and increase the size of the supporter base;
- Create fundraising materials, including written appeals, proposals, grant applications, presentations, and reports;
- Manage donor records in a manner that enhances the donor experience;
- Demonstrated success in planning and managing special events;
- Have effective time management and organizational skills;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, in both English and French would be an asset.
- Post - Secondary education in fundraising, public relations, or equivalent. Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation preferred;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a fundraising position with a social service agency, preferably surrounding poverty, homelessness and vulnerability;
- Proficiency in the use of fundraising software, preferably Raiser’s Edge;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Ability to work flexible hours from time to time.
Thank you to all who apply however only those invited for an interview will be contacted.