Manager, FundraisingCompany: Canadian Co-operative Association
Date Posted: May 30, 2016
Position Title: Manager, Fundraising
Position Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Reports to: Executive Director
Travel Requirement: 15 –20% Domestic travel, possibly one international trip a year.
Language Requirement: Fluent English (Written & Oral); French and/or Spanish an asset
The Manager of Fundraising provides the initiative and leadership for developing and implementing fundraising strategies and plans including developing corporate partnerships, individual giving, coordinating direct mail campaigns, organizing fundraising events and appeals, and sourcing grant income from private trusts and foundations. Has overall responsibility for design of fundraising initiatives, cultivating and managing relationships with funders and donors. Takes initiative to develop innovative fund seeking approaches both inside and outside the Canadian Co-op Sector. Accountable for meeting revenue goals and targets.
- Develops strategic direction for growth, fundraising, donor management
- Leads development of annual operating plans and budgets and fundraising direction within broad organizational goals.
- Leads donor management, including prospect identification, ongoing communication, and recognition and ensures transparency and accountability to donors.
- Develop effective strategies to increase revenue from individual and corporate donors, including renewing existing donors to maintain and upgrade their current level of support; identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding prospects; and enhancing the monthly giving program. Develops and implements a legacy giving program.
- Conducts cultivations visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities, using effective strategies to support growth in major gift programs. Employs creativity to ensure donor and prospect engagement which includes donor study tours.
- Leads coordination of all special campaigns, including theme weeks, disaster response, and other initiatives.
- Performs evaluations and assessments of initiatives to enhance current fundraising programs.
- Conducts regular risk analyses and balances time-cost ratios to focus effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
- Builds, leads, and mentors a pool of skilled and dedicated volunteer fundraisers, Co-ordinates volunteer engagement and recognition strategies.
- Lead and manage the Fundraising Officer and Engagement Assistant
- Responsible for the development of annual budgets and meeting established revenue goals.
- Relevant post-secondary degree plus 7-10 years in a fundraising position preferably for an international development type organization.
- Experience in managing staff.
- Experience developing and delivering fundraising strategies.
- Wide experience working in fundraising environment.
- Strong major gifts experience; demonstrated success in securing major gifts from corporate and individual donors in the $10,000+ range
- Knowledge of Canadian charitable laws, requirements of Canada Revenue Agency and provincial regulations.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) preferred
Skills and KNOWLEDGE
- Proven fundraising skills in the areas of major gifts, planned giving, special events and direct mail campaigns, with the ability to achieve financial targets.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, balance and manage competing priorities.
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate staff, volunteers and external supporters.
- High standard of computer competency and literacy; Exposure and knowledge of fundraising software, i.e. Donor Perfect.
- Initiative, discretion, confidentiality and sound judgment.
- Able to operate in a bilingual, French and English, work environment.
- Motivated self-starter, able to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Ability to engage current donors and to interest prospective donors to support CCA international mandate.
- Excellent capacity to work in a small team dedicated to fundraising; to work with a volunteer base.
- Experience with the use of social media for marketing and fundraising campaigns
- Proven ability to work unsupervised and make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively.
- Knowledge of co-operative system in Canada an asset.
- A creative and proactive approach to all areas of work.
- Commitment to delivering a high quality service.
- Strong team working orientation with the ability and social skills to work collaborative with staff at all levels.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work demands across the entire organization.
- Able to maintain strong working relationships with key donors.
Continuous Learning Orientation
Developing and Maintaining Relationships
Planning and Organizing
Problem Analysis and Resolution
Application Process and Deadline
- Applications must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. Friday, June 24, 2016. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Applicants should include cover letter and resume. Cover letter must include salary expectation.
- Please reference the job title in the email subject line and submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com