Manager of DevelopmentCompany: L’Arche Ottawa
Date Posted: June 3, 2016
ABOUT L’ARCHE OTTAWA
L’Arche is a faith-based, thriving bilingual community serving the needs of intellectually disabled adults. A forty-year history speaks to the long term success and stability of the community. Inspired by the vision and mission of Jean Vanier, l’Arche provides a unique program of care giving and community building that fosters inclusion, understanding and belonging and life sharing of all of its members. L’Arche has several small homes and day settings located in Ottawa where assistants (those that provide supports) and volunteers from diverse cultures and backgrounds share daily life and relationships with people with developmental disabilities (core members).
L’Arche Ottawa has an immediate opening for a skilled, highly motivated and experienced Manager of Development. Reporting to the Community Leader, the Development Manager is responsible for the constant renewal and implementation of a vibrant and forward-looking fund development program that encompasses all components – annual giving, planned giving, major gifts and special events – and enhances donor development and donor relations.
This is a one year contract with potential for renewal.
Demonstrated highly collaborative and motivated leadership style with commitment to integrity, sound judgment, resourcefulness and accountability, combined with an accessible manner, energy and enthusiasm; demonstrated success in working with diverse groups of people to reach successful outcomes; strong relationship building skills and the ability to interact with and engage people; vision, diplomacy.
A strategic thinker with a demonstrated commitment to quality; strong working knowledge of strategic organizational fundraising programs; project management, exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal; working knowledge of current & leading fundraising trends, and familiarity with L’Arche communities across Canada, L’Arche Canada and the L’Arche Canada Foundation and other relevant groups. The ability to communicate in English and French is highly desirable.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Four to six years of experience in annual and major gifts, corporate and foundation partnerships, experience conducting special events and managing volunteers.
- Positive and keen attitude toward being part of a community serving individuals who are developmentally challenged and those living in community with them.
- Proven effective donor relationship-building skills, with the ability to be tactful, proactive and diplomatic.
- Experience working with/on volunteer committees and boards.
- Excellent writing skills, including ability to draft compelling and persuasive correspondence to donors and prospects, corporations and foundations.
- Excellent organization, time management and communication skills.
- Ability to work closely and cooperatively with internal and external associates.
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
Candidates are invited to send their resume and cover letter to Lynn at email@example.com
Please reply prior on or before June15, 2016 and include your salary expectations.
This position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
The successful candidate must obtain “A police records check for service with the vulnerable sector”
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.