Advancement Officer, SponsorshipCompany: Canadian Museum of Nature
Date Posted: June 6, 2016
Do you have a passion for nature and would enjoy contributing to a memorable experience for visitors at the Canadian Museum of Nature? If these words describe you, then the Canadian Museum of Nature (CMN) wants to work with you. The CMN is a dynamic, bilingual natural history museum dedicated to inspiring an appreciation for and understanding of our natural world.
The following permanent full-time position is available:
Advancement Officer, Sponsorship
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Actively manage the sponsorship cultivation cycle through research, identification, cultivation, and solicitation of new sources of funding investments between $10,000 and $100,000 for Museum exhibitions, programs and events;
- Stewarding existing sponsor and partner organisations by working with Museum colleagues to execute sponsor recognition and brand activations;
- Support the Senior Advancement Officer with the sponsorship cultivation cycle, particularly stewardship activity;
- Raise $210,000 in each cash sponsorships and in-kind sponsorships;
- Promote the Museum’s mandate.
The job will require that the successful candidate work some evenings and weekends. Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is mandatory as there is a requirement to travel locally to meetings related to the portfolio of the position. Out of town travel is also a requirement of the position.
EDUCATION: Completion of post-secondary education in a related field (social sciences, business administration, etc.) or equivalent education and training.
English and French are essential
Bilingual non-imperative: BBB/BBB
(A non-imperative appointment means that the position can be staffed with a person who makes the commitment to become bilingual within a specified timeframe through language training at the CMN’s expense).
- 3- 5 years’ experience working in an advancement, sales, sponsorship or marketing environment;
- Experience in researching sources of information in both traditional (print) and on-line (internet, on-line databases and search engines);
- Experience in managing the entire cultivation cycle: identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding corporate sponsorships over $10,000;
- Experience in creating and implementing sponsorship activations;
- Experience in providing high quality customer service to both internal and external clients;
- Experience working in the cultural not-for-profit sector an asset.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION BY E-MAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates must submit a cover letter and c.v. outlining how their experience and training meet the basic requirements listed above. Statement of qualifications available by contacting 613-566-4710 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Closing Date: June 30, 2016
Internal Number: 2090-16-CMN-OC-017
Salary: $52,351 - $ 63,629 per year