Development OfficerCompany: The MATCH International Women’s Fund
Date Posted: June 27, 2016
Development Officer, The MATCH International Women’s Fund
Position Title: Development Officer
Employment Type: 1 year, full time
Language: English, French
Location: Ottawa, with occasional travel within Canada
Deadline for Applications: July 10, 2016
Background: The MATCH Fund is Canada’s first and only international women’s fund. We support grassroots women’s rights organizations to dismantle barriers, challenge perceptions and, ultimately, transform society. It is an exciting time to join the organization and play a significant role in our growth and development.
Nature and Scope: The MATCH Fund strongly believes that supporting grassroots women’s rights organizations in the global South is essential to achieve lasting equality for women. As such, we are committed to mobilizing resources to amplify the work of these groups. In the Development Officer, we are seeking a dynamic individual with a strong fundraising background to strengthen our ambitious development efforts. The Development Officer will work closely with the Communications Coordinator and the Executive Director while interacting with all aspects of organizational business. This person will also work with committed volunteers across Canada to support The MATCH Fund’s mission. The Development Officer will be a creative builder and mobilizer who strives to grow the funding base of The MATCH Fund while ensuring that a strong back-end system is in place to support a diverse and healthy pipeline. The successful candidate will be part of a highly collaborative team and must be comfortable pivoting quickly to support the organization as needs arise.
- The MATCH Fund is a lean team, and each team member is seen as an expert in her scope of work. The Development Officer will work closely with the Executive Director, the Communications Coordinator, and the Communications & Development Officer.
- The Development Officer will work across all lines of The MATCH Fund’s business, including with program and administrative staff, donors, and volunteers.
The Development Officer will:
Foundation Grant Management
- Execute and report upon The MATCH Fund’s foundation grant strategy
- Liaise with The MATCH Fund’s finance, program, and executive team to write high quality foundation proposals, reports, and budgets
- Research foundation donor prospects
- Track and steward current foundation donors
- Provide support on corporate and foundation grants as needed
Volunteer Management and Event Planning
- Lead, organize, and support special fundraising events
- Bolster The MATCH Fund’s volunteer program by recruiting and stewarding volunteers to fulfill fundraising, brand, and event-related tasks
- Represent The MATCH Fund at community events, information fairs, and networking events
Major Donor Support
- Write proposals and reports to major donors
- Support the Executive Director to prepare major donor meeting materials and updates
- Support the Executive Director to research and steward prospective major donors
- Support the logistics and follow-up strategies for major donor salons
Systems and Information Management
- Manage the Salesforce database to generate reports, conduct research, and to provide accurate and up-to-date donor information
- Provide analytics for revenues related to direct mail and online campaigns, event fundraising, and telephone and personal solicitations
- Liaise with the Finance and Administration Manager to complete donation processing and receipting
- Strengthen established systems for fundraising, reporting, and donor tracking
The successful candidate will be:
- An avid fundraiser, first and foremost
- A natural connector who loves meeting new people both in person and over the phone
- A strong communicator –both in writing and in person
- An optimist who believes in the catalytic power of funding the women and girls who work at the grassroots level.
- A passionate advocate for women’s human rights
- Unafraid to experiment and test new systems and ways of working
- A systems thinker who can move easily between the big and small picture
- At home in a start-up culture as part of a small, high-performing team
- Agile, creative, and ambitious
- Attentive to the details that make The MATCH Fund’s work exceptional
- Eager to jump right in, to collaborate, and to do what it takes to raise more money for women and girls.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extraordinary writing skills, with the ability to tailor documents to a wide variety of audiences
- Demonstrated success in developing and retaining strong, positive relationships with public, individual, and private sector funders
- Volunteer and event management experience
- Experience using a donor database to prospect, track, and steward donors
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislations affecting charities
- Knowledge of Ethical Fundraising and Financial Accountability codes of conduct
- 3+ years fundraising experience
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Experience Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and InDesign
- CFRE designation is considered an asset
- French language is considered an asset
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter quoting reference number 16/22 to email@example.com by July 10, 2016.
*The MATCH International Women’s Fund’s Human Resources are managed by World University Service of Canada. WUSC and The MATCH Fund are equal opportunity employers. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.