Development CoordinatorCompany: Scouts Canada
Date Posted: July 4, 2016
Scouts Canada is seeking a Development Coordinator to join our team!
Passionate about making a difference in the lives of youth, you will use your fundraising experience, talent for connecting with people and exceptional communication skills to translate our work into a compelling and inspiring story for our donors and sponsors.
Scouts Canada promises youth, parents and the community at large that “It Starts with Scouts”. Scouts aims to provide youth with opportunities to experience new things and develop into capable and well-rounded individuals.
Reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the Development team, other staff and volunteers, you will manage the fundraising database for success in raising funds for the National organization and most importantly ensure quality relationships with donors.
- Prepare a detailed monthly report for Finance of all donations received with summary page and breakdown by campaign code page. Liaises with Finance to finalize monthly report(s)
- Enter any donations into Raiser’s Edge database and runs donor report (monthly)
- Liaise with Finance to prepare year-end reports and to complete annual audit
- Processes all monthly gifts (credit cards and online)
- Ensure all designated donations received are acknowledged and receipted and forwarded to the appropriate recipients
- Tracking of DD’s through Raiser’s Edge and ensure they are included in the monthly finance report
- Process applications, prepares spreadsheets, sends copies and score sheets to volunteers for scholarship selection and record results
- Administers new membership applications as they sign up both on-line and by mail, manages membership fees, subscriptions, newsletters, elections, etc.
- Administer alumni website
- Monitor pledges of members and acknowledges completion of pledge with appropriate gift.
- Maintain files for members
- Provide house data report for direct mail processing through Canada Post
- Data entry into Raiser’s Edge for tracking/solicitation purpose
- Memorial cards/In Honour cards – process and acknowledge donations made on-line
What you bring to the table:
- Excellent technical and administrative skills with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Professional and personable nature with a strong aptitude for providing high-level, customer service
- Sound judgment, tact, diplomacy and maturity in dealing with others (donors, volunteers, Board, staff and the general public)
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a “can-do” attitude in a deadline driven environment
- Post-secondary education in business or office administration, or other relevant program
- Minimum 2 years of office and administrative experience
- Proven experience of data analysis and statistical understanding
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook & Access. Experience with fundraising database programs (Raiser’s Edge)
- Bilingualism is an asset
If you think you would make a great addition to the team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 12, 2016.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Scouts Canada, please visit our web sites at www.scouts.ca.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Lisa Donnelly in Human Resources at email@example.com or 613-224-5131 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.