Advancement CoordinatorCompany: Elmwood School
Date Posted: July 7, 2016
Position Type: Full Time
Job Region: ON- Ottawa Area
Application Deadline: July 27, 2016
Start Date: August 29, 2016
Years of Experience: 3
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Elmwood School: Inspiring Girls
Elmwood School is the pre-eminent all-girls’ school in Canada’s capital– recognized as one of the most innovative girls schools in North America and ranked as one of the top 25 private schools in Canada. Acclaimed for its academic excellence, caring atmosphere and strong community, Elmwood is a school where girls are encouraged to stretch themselves, try new things, create and explore. A fixture in Ottawa for more than 100 years, Elmwood offers the International Baccalaureate Programme from the Primary Years through the Diploma levels, along with a wide variety of co-curricular activities designed to enrich and develop the whole girl.
Elmwood is a community of dynamic and forward-thinking leaders, passionate and innovative teachers, inspired and active learners and a strong and engaged parent base working together to achieve success at the highest level.
The Advancement Coordinator is a key member of Elmwood’s Advancement team involved in all facets of fundraising including management of the annual giving campaign, accurate and timely processing of contributions and appropriate donor stewardship and recognition.
The Advancement Coordinator will also manage the event logistics for donor cultivation and recognition events both large and small. These include, but are not limited to, the Annual Gala (200 guests with live and silent auctions) and the annual Pactum Serva Dinner (80 top level donors).
Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement and Community Relations, the successful candidate will work closely with other members of the Advancement team and parent and alumna volunteers to meet fundraising and participation goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Develop and implement the annual giving program including volunteer coordination, management of the communications plan including direct mail and phone campaigns to various stakeholder groups
● Manage timely and accurate donation processing
● Work with the Advancement team to develop targeted campaigns for parents, grandparents, alumnae, faculty and staff
● Provide weekly reporting, evaluation and analysis to meet fundraising goals
● Actively participate in donor cultivation, communication, involvement and recognition
● Work with various stakeholders and manage event logistics for fundraising, donor cultivation and donor recognition events both large and small.
● Eagerly assist with other tasks and projects as assigned and support and reflect Elmwood’s mission.
● Bachelor's degree required and a minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising
● Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
● Sound knowledge of fundraising concepts, policies, procedures and best practices
● Demonstrated event and volunteer management capabilities
● Excellent project management skills
● Strong self-motivation and ability to work as part of a high performance team
● Relentless commitment to accuracy and a passion for detail
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
Qualified candidates are asked to forward a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Irwin-Jackson via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm, July 29, 2016.
Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Elmwood School reserves the right to appoint a suitable candidate if found prior to the stated deadline.