Development AssistantCompany: Tree Canada
Date Posted: July 8, 2016
Job Title: DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT (Job Code: S1)
Reports To: MANAGER, DEVELOPMENT
Work location: Ottawa, Ontario
Tree Canada is a not-for-profit charitable organization established to encourage Canadians to plant and care for trees in urban and rural environments. To date 80 million trees have been planted by Tree Canada through the support of corporations, government departments, foundations and individuals.
The Development Assistant will support the Manager, Development by assisting with the stewardship of sponsors and donors, the execution of two annual fundraising campaigns, and with the ongoing maintenance of records in both Giftworks and Salesforce databases.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Compile sponsor reports, draft sponsor agreements, help to manage pledge instalments and follow up on inquiries from prospective donors/sponsors. (40%)
- Assist with the planning and delivery of Tree Canada’s spring and fall fundraising campaigns. Help to manage online fundraising software, data and donation forms. (25%)
- Help to manage and maintain Giftworks and Salesforce database records including exporting and importing lists of information relating to donations and donors. Help to create and run Development reports through Giftworks and Salesforce databases. (25%)
- Help to research and solicit Foundations for support of current or new Tree Canada programs. (5%)
- Performing other related duties as required. (5%)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as fundraising, marketing/communications, business development, or a combination of related education and experience.
DECISION MAKING & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Works under general supervision and receives guidance as required.
- Makes decisions and exercises independent judgement within generally established procedures and practices.
- Seeks guidance and consults with others as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office and other database software such as Giftworks and Salesforce as well as web based content management platforms
- Detail oriented and organized with a demonstrated client-focused mindset.
- Energetic and creative with a passion for customer service/donor stewardship.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team in a fast paced environment.
- Respect for the values and differences that all members of a small team bring to an office environment; adaptable to different approaches and flexible to move in new directions.
- Bilingualism; proficiency in English and French required.
Salary will be dependent upon experience.
This position is a term part-time (30 hours/week) contract, starting August 15, 2016 to August 11, 2017, with possibility for renewal.
If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to shape a unique and creative environmental organization, please indicate your interest by forwarding a résumé and covering letter addressing how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements for the position to email@example.com under the subject “Development Assistant” by July 22, 2016.