Manager, FundraisingCompany: Catholic Centre for Immigrants
Date Posted: August 31, 2016
Permanent Full Time, Salary $54,000 - $60,000
Reports to: Executive Director
Language Requirement: Fluent English (Written & Oral); French an asset
The Manager of Fundraising provides the coordination and implementation of the fundraising strategies and plans, including but not limited to developing corporate partnerships, individual giving, direct mail campaigns, organizing fundraising events and appeals, and sourcing grant income from private trusts and foundations. Responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with funders and donors. Accountable for meeting revenue goals and targets.
Founded in 1954, the Catholic Centre for Immigrants’ mission is to welcome immigrants and refugees, enable their integration and build a more welcoming community in Ottawa. We are a non-profit organization and we serve all who ask us for help regardless of their background or religious affiliation.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director develop strategic direction for growth of fundraising and donor management.
- Responsible for the implementation of annual operating plans, budget and fundraising direction for the Foundation within board organizational goals.
- Leads donor management, including prospect identification, ongoing communication, and recognition and ensures transparency and accountability to donors.
- Develops effective strategies to increase revenue from individual and corporate donors, including renewing existing donors to maintain and upgrade their current level of support; identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding prospects; and enhancing the monthly giving program.
- Implements a legacy giving program.
- Conducts cultivations visits, solicitation calls and stewardship activities, using effective strategies to support growth in major gift programs. Employs creativity to ensure donor and prospect engagement.
- Leads coordination of all special campaigns.
- Works with the board of directors and the Executive Dire tor to build a pool of skilled and dedicated volunteer fundraisers, co-ordinates volunteer engagement and recognition strategies.
- Work with and manage the Fundraising Clerk.
- Assist in the development of annual budget and meet established revenue goals.
- Relevant post-secondary degree or 3-5 years in a fundraising position.
- Experience in managing staff.
- Wide experience working in fundraising environment.
- Major gifts experience; demonstrated success in securing major gifts from corporate and individual donors in the $5,000+ range.
- Knowledge of Canadian charitable laws, requirements of Canada Revenue Agency and provincial regulations.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) an asset.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven fundraising skills in the areas of major gifts, with the ability to achieve financial targets.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, balance and manage competing priorities.
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate staff, volunteers and external supporters.
- High standard of computer competency and literacy; Exposure and knowledge of fundraising software, i.e. Income Manager.
- Initiative, discretion, confidentiality and sound judgment.
- Motivated self-starter, able to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Excellent capacity to work in a small team dedicated to fundraising; to work with a volunteer base.
- Experience with the use of social media for marketing and fundraising campaigns.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to work unsupervised, make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively.
- Commitment to delivering the highest standard of service.
Posting closes on 9 September 2016.
To apply, forward your resume to Richard Rivard at Richard@cciottawa.ca