Area Support Manager(ASM) in TrainingCompany: Scouts Canada
Date Posted: August 31, 2016
Area Support Manager (ASM) In Training
Are you a recent graduate looking to begin a challenging career in the non-profit sector? Scouts Canada is seeking an Area Support Manager in Training to join our team!
Scouts Canada promises youth, parents and the community at large that “It Starts with Scouts”. Scouts aims to provide youth with opportunities to experience new things and develop into capable and well-rounded individuals. You will join an energetic and fun team that is committed to growing Scouting and making a difference in the lives of youth!
While in Training, the first year is spent in development, honing your skills through actual support activities, learning about the organization and how you are best able to support our volunteers to execute our 5 priorities – for example grow membership, recruit and train volunteers, deliver and measure great youth programming and ensure safety is a priority in everything we do. You will be assigned a small numbers of local groups and will collaborate with Area Leadership teams on strategies and tactics to drive membership growth and retention. Additionally, your development will include rotations through the National Service Centre departments such as marketing, operations, volunteer services, program development, and safety in order to develop your understanding of how it all fits together and the resources available for you to be successful.
You will become confident at managing current Scouting Groups and providing support to the volunteers. Establishing strong work relationships and effective planning and time management are key to your success.
- Work in conjunction with key volunteers to develop growth plans and provide hands-on support in the execution of a Group’s growth plan;
- Learn to manage sales cycle from prospecting to closing;
- Ensure each section is delivering quality programs to meet and exceed youth and parent’s expectations;
- Support volunteer recruitment, orientation, training, and performance management to ensure you have the right people in the right roles;
- Build and strengthen relationships with volunteers and provide support through regular support, communication and training.
- Facilitate compliance with organizational policies pertaining to member registration, volunteer screening and program safety.
What you bring to the table:
- Secondary school education in a related field.
- Experience in a sales, account management or fundraising role is an asset, however relationships building skills, drive and ambition are essential.
- Self-starter and the ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively to achieve/surpass targets.
- Strong people and relationships building skills with the ability to adapt your approach depending on the audience.
- Shared leadership approach and ability to lead, coach and motivate a team to achieve goals.
- Strong customer focus
- Thrive in a busy and challenging environment where every day is something different.
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset.
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteer management approaches is an asset.
- Work hours will include evening and weekend responsibilities.
- Travel is required. Mileage allowance will be provided.
- Must have access to your own vehicle, a valid G Driver’s License and clear drivers abstract.
- Willingness to relocate within Canada after the one year training program is complete.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Scouts Canada, please visit our web sites at www.scouts.ca.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Lisa Donnelly in Human Resources at email@example.com or 613-224-5131 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.