Stewardship and Fund Development SpecialistCompany: World University Service of Canada
Date Posted: September 15, 2016
Position title: Stewardship and Fund Development Specialist
Position location: Ottawa
Reports to: Manager, Communications and Fundraising
Contract term: 2 years (renewable)
Application deadline: September 28, 2016
World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is a Canadian non-profit organization with a mission to foster human development and global understanding through education and training. We are a network of professionals, students, volunteers, faculty, and community leaders who, together, provide opportunities to some of the world’s most disadvantaged youth.
WUSC works towards a world in which the aspirations and full participation of young people can be realized. Our programs and services improve access to and quality of education, expand employment opportunities and foster empowerment for youth. We work with and through our southern partners – government, civil society and the private sector and draw upon an extensive network of volunteer professionals, consultants, university and college partners, and student groups from across Canada.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Working closely with the Manager, Communications and Fundraising, the Stewardship and Fund Development Specialist will lead WUSC’s efforts to:
- Maintain and nurture positive relationships with current donors
- Identify and cultivate new major individual and corporate donors through the development and implementation of a Major Gifts Plan
- Secure greater alumni participation in WUSC’s fundraising activities through the development and
- implementation of an Alumni Engagement Plan
- Implement and maintain the Fundraising Plan
- Lead WUSC’s annual giving program (direct mail, newsletters, phone campaigns, monthly donor
- Secure sponsorship for the annual International Forum.
- Develop and implement a legacy giving program.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory authorities
- Lead WUSC volunteer fundraising initiatives, in collaboration with programs
- Lead quarterly fundraising analysis reports
- Oversee the implementation of a digital fundraising plan, including the coordination online giving.
- Oversee gift processing, receipting, gift analysis and database maintenance
- Develop fundraising materials and tools
- Develop and maintain donor databases, including Raiser’s Edge
- Provide regular reports and recommendations on fundraising efforts
- Provide support to Uniterra’s fundraising committee
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of five years of successful, direct experience in fundraising, including the solicitation of online giving, major gifts and planned giving
- Additional experience in sales and marketing
- Progressively responsible experience and training
- Strong communications abilities – written and verbal for diverse audiences
- Evidenced passion for fundraising and good stewardship
- Ability to work in English and French
- Experience working for a non-profit international development organization
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of WUSC
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of donors and corporate partners
- Ability to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and dollar goals
- Must be able to travel across the country
- Must be motivated, creative, hardworking, optimistic and a team player
- Weekend and evening work will be required
- Strong working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and data management
WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference for youth around the world. We believe youth have the potential to provide for their families, build strong communities, and create positive social change for future generations. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, employment and empowerment.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you wish to apply for this position, please follow this link to register on WUSC’s candidate database.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.