Fund Development OfficerCompany: Ottawa Riverkeeper
Date Posted: September 29, 2016
Fund Development Officer
- 40hrs/week, 1-year term with possibility of renewal
- Annual starting salary: $50–60,000, commensurate with experience, with room for fast growth based on performance
- Benefits package
- Professional yet flexible and laid-back office environment
- Occasional weekends and evenings, as required
- Start date in November
Ottawa Riverkeeper is seeking an outgoing and results-oriented Fund Development Officer to join our team. Reporting to the Executive Director and collaborating with all members of the dynamic Ottawa Riverkeeper team, this employee will proudly mobilize financial support for our important mission. They will be responsible for coordinating the design and execution of a comprehensive development plan. Primary focus will be on revenue generation from individual donors – a priority will be the development of a monthly giving program, as well as a strategy to grow recurring donations. The successful candidate will be comfortable and confident in making asks, both to individuals and corporations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
- Lead the design and implementation of a comprehensive fund development plan in collaboration with the Executive Director, a committee of board members, and external advisors
- Build and maintain relationships with community stakeholders, donors, and partners
- Implement a strategy for stewarding existing donors, partners, and sponsors
- Implement different tactics and campaigns to increase revenue from individual donors, with an emphasis on monthly donors
- Research and prospect new high level supporters
- Leverage successful Ottawa Riverkeeper events (e.g. Gala, interprovincial swim, annual public meeting) to increase development opportunities; assist the Gala committee in securing corporate sponsors
- Strategically make use of Ottawa Riverkeeper’s CRM (Salesforce) to monitor and report on progress, and to provide results-oriented improvements to fund development activities
- Oversee that all qualified donations are tax-receipted in a fashion that complies with federal rules
- Some grant writing and maintaining relationships with grant-making agencies (a responsibility shared by many employees at Ottawa Riverkeeper)
- Other tasks as required by the Executive Director
- An avid fundraiser
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A genuine interest in and support for our cause
- University or College Diploma in a related field
- CFRE an asset
- Knowledge of CRA laws and requirements, as well as Ethical fundraising code of conduct
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with a solid track-record of successful fundraising, including major gifts in the > 5,000$ range
- Comfortable handling data, with knowledge of database and CRM tools. Experience with Salesforce would be a definite asset.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks and work accurately under numerous critical deadlines
- Excels under ambitious objectives, and keen to improve through adaptive learning
- Strong communication skills (oral and written). Bilingual candidates will have a strong advantage.
ABOUT OTTAWA RIVERKEEPER
Ottawa Riverkeeper works to protect your rights to swim, drink and fish the Ottawa River and its tributaries. We work collaboratively using science to guide our actions. Ottawa Riverkeeper is a licensed member of the Waterkeeper Alliance, an international coalition of grassroots water protection organizations headed by renowned conservationist Robert Kennedy Jr. There are over 200 Waterkeeper organizations working around the world to defend their local river, lake or bay. We work throughout the Ottawa River watershed, both in Ontario and Québec. Ottawa Riverkeeper is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your C.V. and Cover Letter to the attention of Mr. Patrick Nadeau, via firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: 5pm on October 21, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please do not phone.