Regional Manager, FundraisingCompany: Canadian Blood Services
Date Posted: October 7, 2016
Do you want to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative organization? Are you excited about working with a dedicated community who makes a real difference in the lives of Canadians by recruiting blood, stem cell, cord blood and organ, eye and tissue donors? Do you want to help save lives every day? Then this job is for you.
Canadian Blood Services is a collaborative community of donors, volunteers, health care professionals, employees and corporate partners committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians.
We are currently seeking a Regional Manager, Fundraising to join our Ottawa team.
In this role you will be reporting to the Director, Fundraising. The Regional Manager(s), Fundraising is responsible for the establishment, growth and maintenance of philanthropic donor relationships within an identified geographic region. S/he will proactively develop and manage strategic relationships with individuals, corporations, associations and foundations on behalf of the organization, which will result in increased financial support, thereby enabling the organization to deliver on its strategy. The incumbent is responsible for developing, implementing and growing a new community engagement fundraising strategy for Canadian Blood Services, including identifying areas requiring remediation and recommending improvements as a means for informing, contesting, and refining fundraising regional and national targets.
The Regional Manager(s), Fundraising serves as a centre of expertise and knowledge in community fundraising for his/her respective region, using a wide variety of methodologies including but not limited to: mid-level and major gifts, planned giving, third-party events, corporate sponsorship. Using their knowledge of the region’s philanthropic individuals, corporations and community groups, the incumbent will develop the overall community engagement strategy as well as the implementation plan to maximize financial support. The Regional Manager(s), Fundraising develops and manages performance reporting processes and related metrics across all regional fundraising programs, and provides advice to the Director, Fundraising and fundraising staff on trends/areas requiring analysis/mitigation.
Additionally, the Regional Manager(s), Fundraising is responsible for using common, standard fundraising methods and tools, as well as keeping current with trends in philanthropy and CRA regulations as they pertain to ethical fundraising practices. As a member of a team, the Regional Manager(s), Fundraising will promote harmonious and productive working relationships supporting fellow team members in achieving their targets and goals.
Develop and implement an innovative regional fundraising plan that increases philanthropic support to Canadian Blood Services, by expanding the base of committed financial individual and corporate donors.
- Manage the planning, execution and evaluation of an integrated regional fundraising and development program to drive acquisition and Incremental growth through: mid-level and major gifts, planned giving, corporate partnerships and in-kind donations.
Education, Training and Experience:
- University degree in a relevant subject area is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with not-for-profit organization(s) in a fundraising environment with increasing responsibility.
- Ongoing fundraising or professional development courses/training
- CFRE designation an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Demonstrated Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of fundraising principles and methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of Canada Revenue Agency Receipting Guidelines
- A proven track record in successfully closing financial gifts over $10,000.
- Proven ability to manage a diverse group of high-level volunteers in a diplomatic and efficient manner to achieve goals.
- Strong writing and communication skills specifically related to the creation of proposals, reports and donor stewardship.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge software is essential.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume on our employment site (Position - Regional Manager, Fundraising – 6324-239): https://www.blood.ca/en/job-seekers/job-opportunities