Fundraising Communications SpecialistCompany: Canadian Blood Services
Date Posted: October 11, 2016
Do you want to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative organization? Are you excited about working with a dedicated community who makes a real difference in the lives of Canadians by recruiting blood, stem cell, cord blood and organ, eye and tissue donors? Do you want to help save lives every day? Then this job is for you.
Canadian Blood Services is a collaborative community of donors, volunteers, health care professionals, employees and corporate partners committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians.
We are currently seeking a Fundraising Communications Specialist to join our Ottawa team.
In this role you will be responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of a fundraising communications plan and providing communications support to a variety of fundraising programs. You will be responsible for developing creative content that helps the fundraising department effectively execute Canadian Blood Services’ business goals and become brand ambassadors for the organization. You will be responsible for both external communications to financial donors and prospects, as well as internal communications related to employee engagement and executive communications.
You will participate in annual fundraising strategic planning and play an important role in the creation of materials that support fundraising efforts nationally and at a regional level. You will be an inspired storyteller who can process complex scientific information and translate it into a wide variety of compelling and impactful donor-centric communications pieces. You will serve as a centre of expertise in fundraising specific communications with knowledge of current fundraising trends, recognizing the importance of conveying the impact of financial support to Canadian Blood Services to internal and external audiences.
- Develops and implements a communications plan for the fundraising department focused on external fundraising communications strategies, tactics and content. The fundraising focus is delivered in a compelling case for support and supporting collateral that engages current and potential financial donors and clearly illustrates the impact of financial gifts.
- Develops and implements an internal communications plan for the fundraising department, including creative employee/internal communications strategies, tactics and content that help all employees understand how fundraising goals support Canadian Blood Services’ strategy.
- Develops and writes all aspects of a compelling case for support that highlights the impact of financial support to the organization.
- Collaborates with inter-divisional communications staff as fundraising representative to write, review, and ensure quality control of all fundraising communications reflecting the corporate priorities and brand and to ensure adherence to corporate positioning.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Post-secondary level education in a relevant discipline from a recognized academic institution is essential, preferably in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or Marketing.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a communications role within a donor-centric fundraising environment.
- Development of a compelling case for support as an essential foundation for fundraising programs.
- Working and collaborating effectively with colleagues from different departments and backgrounds.
- Development and implementation of communications plans and analyzing and reporting on outcomes.
- Development of speeches, videos, content workflow, publication management process and brand and graphic design standards.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and create content that is relevant, engaging and clear to target audiences.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and donor stewardship through communications vehicles.
- Excellent understanding of brand journalism and storytelling.
- Strong knowledge about importance of content workflow and publication management processes.
- Excellent knowledge about the principles, methods and techniques of graphic design, and its role in communications and various channels.
Technical skills (minimum):
- Strong knowledge of MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop (other Adobe products preferred).
- Strong knowledge of content management software and tools.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume on our employment site (Position – Fundraising Communications Specialist – 6297-239): https://www.blood.ca/en/job-seekers/job-opportunities