Content Creation CoordinatorCompany: Canadian Federation of Humane Societies
Date Posted: October 12, 2016
Are you a talented storyteller?
We are hiring a Content Creation Coordinator to join our small, tight-knit team.
Working with the Resource Development and Communications and Marketing teams, the Content Creation Coordinator is a skilled video producer, a strong writer and editor, and an experienced social media content creator. You love to create compelling content that both engages your target audience and inspires them to take action. You’re well-versed in community building online and offline.
As the Content Creation Coordinator, you will contribute to the success of fundraising, communications and marketing objectives of the Canadian Federation of Humane Societies (CFHS). You will do this by creating a broad range of content that creatively expresses the mission, vision and values of the organization, showcasing our programs, original research, thought leadership and achievements in Canadian animal welfare. With the support of the Director of Resource Development and Manager of Communications and Marketing, you will help to shape the content we put out to donors, social media followers, member societies, sponsors and partners.
Whether writing our direct mail appeals, managing a multi-channel content calendar, shooting and editing a video, crafting ideas for blog posts, writing compelling e-appeals and donor-focused appeals for sites such as Global Giving, or working on a corporate report – you move easily between tasks and can shift priorities, as needed. If it’s a format you’ve never worked in before? No problem – you’re not afraid to do your research and give it a try. You are committed equally to accuracy and creativity. You always come to the table with fresh ideas.
Think you’d be a perfect addition to the CFHS team? We’d love to hear from you.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Fundraising, Communications, Journalism or Public Relations or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 3+ years creating social media content, with a demonstrated talent for video creation and production
- 3+ years writing in a variety of styles for journalistic media and/or content marketing
- 3+ years generating copy and messaging that clearly resonate with relevant audiences and influence a broad range of stakeholders
- 3+ years managing multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience working in a newsroom or PR agency is an asset
- Bilingualism is a strong asset
- Writing, editing and video production
- Strong command of the principles and practice of communications & content marketing
- Demonstrated online content creation and social media experience
- Strong judgment, discretion and critical thinking skills that align with the objectives of CFHS
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex information to easy-to-understand, concise content
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent project and time management skills
- An ability to balance and manage competing priorities
- Disciplined, precise approach to editing, proofreading and fact-checking
- Flexibility, tact, diplomacy and sensitivity
- Proactive research practices to stay abreast of digital trends and emerging issues and topics of interest to CFHS
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to follow a strategic/marketing plan
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a CV and portfolio in confidence by Wednesday October 19, 2016 to email@example.com
CFHS encourages qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds, including those who may need accommodation, to apply to join our staff team. Please advise if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.