Special Events & Grants CoordinatorCompany: Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation
Date Posted: October 19, 2016
Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation (SGHF) is the fundraising arm of Shepherds of Good Hope (SGH). Its sole purpose is to pursue funding to sustain the operations of SGH programs and services. The Foundation engages with donors by direct mail, monthly giving, events, e-blasts, newsletters, social media, foundation grants, tours, public speaking engagements and face-to-face interactions.
Reporting to the Manager, Philanthropic Relationships, the Special Events and Grants Coordinator is responsible for coordination of special events by managing the execution of in-house and 3rd party event logistics, including sponsors, promotion, supplier relations, committee liaison and volunteer management while managing all project delivery elements on time and on budget. The grant component includes researching and securing grants that will support the organization’s programs and services; developing and monitoring annual work plans that include strategies for funding sources and acting as a first point of contact to grant providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop overall event plans, including site plans, budgets, critical paths and production schedules
- Work in partnership with team members and volunteers to deliver superior event experiences while managing costs
- Implement best practices for event coordination; drive and encourage creativity and innovation at the event level
- Engage, train and manage relationships within the community of Ottawa and with leadership volunteers to ensure successful events execution
- Identify new ways to improve the event experience in a proactive manner, including but not limited to technology, mission integration and communication
- Secure and coordinate event sponsors and gift in kind sponsorships
- Monitor progress against objectives; adjust plan and manage contingency efforts and resources as required
- Meet and/or exceed revenue goals for third party fundraising activities; reduce event costs by obtaining sponsorship and gifts in kind, while also increasing efficiencies
- Operate within the philosophy, culture, and values of the Shepherds of Good Hope
- Conduct research to secure continued grant opportunities from past funders, while actively seeking new opportunities
- Write grant proposals to secure additional sources of funding
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge proposal records
- Connect with the general public as the first point of contact with respect to all special events and grant matters
- Additional duties as required
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, event planning or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in event planning, managing volunteers and 3rd Party fundraisers
- Experience researching grant opportunities and writing applications with a proven, demonstrated success rate
- Knowledge of general office and administrative procedures
- Experience in a team setting
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Able to work weekends and evenings as required during peak periods
Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate in team setting
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and other general computer skills (raisers edge knowledge considered a plus)
Graphic design experience on Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator is an asset.
Please note, Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation offers a competitive benefits package, an RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
To Apply: Interested candidates must send resumes with a covering letter by November 1, 2016.
Please quote ‘Special Events and Grant Coordinator on the email subject line and send to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Shepherds of Good Hope is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of our clients, residents, employees and volunteers, including those with disabilities. Please inform us if you require accommodation through the hiring process and we will make every effort to meet your needs.