Associate Director, DevelopmentCompany: Scouts Canada
Date Posted: November 15, 2016
Associate Director, Development
Scouts Canada is seeking an Associate Director, Development to join our team!
Passionate about making a difference in the lives of youth, you will use your fundraising experience, talent for connecting with people and exceptional communication skills to translate our work into a compelling and inspiring story for our donors and sponsors.
Scouts Canada promises youth, parents and the community at large that “It Starts with Scouts”. Scouts aims to provide youth with opportunities to experience new things and develop into capable and well-rounded individuals.
Working in close collaboration with the Director Development, Scouts Canada staff, Councils and Senior Volunteers, the Associate Director, Development will develop strategic direction for growth of fundraising and donor engagement and management in several different areas of revenue development.
The Associate Director is passionate about communicating and collaborating both internally and externally to support an organizational culture of philanthropy and enjoys the challenge of working in a decentralized organization striving to bring constituents together for a common cause.
- Develop strategic direction for growth of fundraising and donor engagement and management in several different areas of revenue development
- Developing and growing Individual Giving support;
- Developing and growing Planned Giving support;
- Developing Affinity Programs that provide donors with a greater sense of connection to cause and ultimately generate ongoing revenue and
- Preparing and presenting various case for support to individual and corporate partners to drive additional revenue and partnerships
- Support the establishment of a solid measurement and reporting framework to ensure that the results of fund development efforts can be tracked
- Strong understanding of, and can provide guidance and direction on, CRA’s guidelines for registered charities
- Experience working in The Raiser’s Edge.
What you bring to the table:
- Proven effective donor relationship-building skills, with the ability to be tactful, proactive, and diplomatic
- Proven success in donor acquisition and development through the successful execution of individual and planned giving programs
- Experience in planning and executing fund development and marketing programs/campaigns in collaboration with staff and volunteers, including through social media channels;
- Excellent writing abilities, including ability to draft compelling and persuasive correspondence to donors and prospects including the use of Social Media.
- Superior interpersonal communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to relate effectively to people at all levels (internal and external) both orally and through written methods;
- Proven ability to work independently in an organized manner while making decisions and problem- solving effectively and creatively
- Proven ability to work closely and collaboratively with others across complex internal and external environments
- A natural self-starter interested in new ideas and integrating innovation in approach
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Project management and organizational skills required to manage daily workload, set priorities, meet deadlines and ensure efficient, timely service
- Knowledge of fundraising processes, best practices and current industry trends;
- Proficient with MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint. Experience with fundraising database programs (Raiser’s Edge).
- Post-secondary education preferably in fundraising or Non Profit related studies
- Minimum five (5) years fundraising management experience is essential
- Proven success in development of fundraising campaigns and programs
- Demonstrated success within complex not for profit environments focused on relationship-based fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to employ donor attribute segmentation for the purposes of assessing revenue opportunity and driving growth in individual giving
- Proven success in development of partnerships and affinity programs
- Proven experience of data analysis and statistical understanding
- Demonstrated success in forming and maintaining senior volunteer relationships
If you think you would make a great addition to the team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating your salary expectations to email@example.com no later than December 16, 2016.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Scouts Canada, please visit our web sites at www.scouts.ca.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Lisa Donnelly in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-224-5131 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.