Development CoordinatorCompany: The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada, National Capital Chapter
Date Posted: November 16, 2016
Be part of the largest Wish Granting organization in Canada! Enjoy a job that is personally rewarding, and help children enjoy their most heartfelt wish. The Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada is now hiring a Development Coordinator in their National Capital chapter office, located in Ottawa, Ontario.
Working in collaboration with the Provincial Director, the Development Coordinator solicits and secures support from companies, employee groups, associations, service clubs and individuals to meet annual revenue goals.
- Prospects, cultivates, solicits and secures new fund development opportunities with a focus on engaging support from the corporate sector at a community and Provincial level
- Cultivates and stewards relationships with existing donors, sponsors and community event organizers
- Works with existing and identifying new volunteers to increase and develop sub-chapters in the service area of the National Capital chapter office
- Collaborates with the Development Assistant /Wish Coordinator/ on the planning and execution of partnership and community events
- Applies event management principles and processes to manage the full cycle of events at the chapter level ( e.g. Wishmaker Walk, Exile Island and Third party events) ensuring high standards for all events are met
- Monitors external markets to identify new partnership opportunities and engage in new business development
- Develops, prepares and presents proposals and negotiates mutually beneficial partnerships
- Represents Children’s Wish at various meetings and fundraising events when required acting as a spokesperson for Children’s Wish, participating as a guest or developing and delivering presentations
- Ensures all events follow relevant Children’s Wish Policies and Procedures
- Creates and generates reports and ensures all reporting is up-to-date
- Liaises with external sources including media, community leaders, volunteers, etc. to ensure effective promotion of events
- Establishes and provides support to event committees as required to ensure success of events (e.g. guidance, materials, staff/volunteers, timelines, etc.)
- Use existing Wish database and work in collaboration with the Development Assistant/Wish Coordinator to identify appropriate Wish Families for event participation
- Adhere to Imagine Canada’s Ethical Code.
You bring 3 to 5 years experience supporting/managing development initiatives with high energy, and a results-driven attitude to The Children’s Wish Foundation, National Capital chapter office. An effective communicator and presenter, you pro-actively promote the foundation in the community and cultivate relationships with existing donors and sponsors. You consistently demonstrate sound judgment, high integrity, and an ability to cultivate and build positive lasting relationships with new prospects, turning new prospects into revenue generation for the National Capital chapter Office.
You are resourceful, creative and a collaborative team player that works to identify opportunities for development and growth in fund development. You have experience working with MS Word, Excel, E-mail, PowerPoint and familiarity with Raiser’s Edge. Bilingualism preferred.
Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is a requirement for this position.
If you are excited about this opportunity, submit your resume, WITH SALARY EXPECTATIONS, no later than Wednesday, November 30, 2016 via email to email@example.com Please ensure your subject line reads “Development Coordinator, Nat Cap”. No phone calls please.
About the Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada
The Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada is the largest all Canadian wish granting charity dedicated to granting wishes to Canadian children between the ages of 3 and 17 who are diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. For more than 30 years, Children’s Wish has worked tirelessly to grant heartfelt wishes to nearly 25,000 children and their families.
This year, the Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada expects to grant over 1,000 new wishes across the country with the help of volunteers and generous donors; that is approximately three wishes each and every day, all year long. Each wish is the child’s most heartfelt wish, and carefully structured to meet the particular needs of the child and their family. Children’s Wish is a national charity with chapters in every province and territory. Visit www.childrenswish.ca for more information and to donate.