Partnership and Fundraising ManagerCompany: HealthBridge Foundation of Canada
Date Posted: November 22, 2016
Salary: $55,000 to $70,000
Status: Full-time, permanent
Closing Date: December 6, 2016
Position Location: Ottawa
HealthBridge is a non-profit, non-governmental Canadian organization working to improve health and health equity through research, policy, and action, particularly in developing countries. We aim to improve the health of vulnerable populations, including those at risk of malnutrition, infectious disease, and emerging epidemics. We work with local partners to identify and bridge gaps in public health, by developing and implementing appropriate solutions, innovative and sustainable practices, and promoting effective policies. HealthBridge has a dynamic and dedicated team in Ottawa and overseas, and offers a supportive and creative work space. This position is ideal for someone wanting to make a difference in the world in an organization that values its people and its mission.
HealthBridge is looking for a dynamic, energetic team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills to assist the organization in its partnership development (e.g., corporate, foundations), marketing/communications and fundraising efforts. This person will serve as our lead fundraising professional and partnership development officer, and provide leadership in communications. The position will be target-focused with revenue generation expectations and milestones.
The Manager will play a leadership role in developing, coordinating and implementing the Foundations fundraising and development activities including foundation giving, corporate giving, and individual donor gifts. In addition, the Manager will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with current donors and building new relationships to increase the Foundation’s visibility, impact and financial resources. Communicating the message and telling the story is a core function of this role.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific tasks will include:
- In collaboration with Executive Director and the fundraising committee, develop and implement a strategic Fundraising Plan in keeping with the mission of HealthBridge.
- Develop new strategies to build and maintain a competitive position for securing gifts and maximizing giving opportunities.
- Secure financial support from individuals, corporations and foundations, and other sources.
- Coordinate donor cultivation, stewardship and recognition activities.
- Work with program staff to develop and write funding proposals and other materials for corporate donors and foundations.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to support fundraising activities.
- Conduct prospect research for individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Lead the development and production of fundraising marketing materials.
- Foster effective relationships and communications with stakeholders.
- Foster relationships with Special Patrons or Ambassadors to support and promote the cause of HealthBridge.
- Strong writing skills and demonstrated experience in writing grant applications.
- Communications: write key messages and impact statements for use on the HealthBridge website, Facebook, and other social media; write cases for support; develop sponsorship packages; write grant applications; develop other resources as required.
No direct supervisory responsibilities except possibly volunteers.
- University degree or a combination of education and experience (minimum Bachelor’s degree)
- 5 years of progressive experience as a fundraiser, partnership development, and communications
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, cultivating and stewarding donors
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to influence and engage a wide range of prospects and donors
- Marketing and communications experience, including knowledge of social media and experience with social media platforms
- Ability to cultivate relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to attract volunteers, and to motivate and oversee volunteers
- Membership in the AFP would be an asset
Oral and written fluency in English essential; Oral fluency in French is an advantage
- Strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications including Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Flexibility to work outside regularly scheduled hours on occasion.
- Experience with website management using a content management system is an asset.
The application deadline is December 6, 2016.
WHO CAN APPLY
Selected candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate 'Partnership Development Manager' in the subject line. No phone calls please. We thank all applications for their interest, however only those selected for an interview process will be contacted.