Director, Major GiftsCompany: Peterborough Regional Health Centre
Date Posted: November 23, 2016
Peterborough Regional Health Centre
Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) is a state-of-the-art regional hospital with a proud local history extending back over a century. The Health Centre is in Peterborough, Ontario – a 90-minute drive north-east of Toronto.
Funded by the Province of Ontario through the Central East Local Health Integration Network, PRHC opened a new, single facility in 2008, serving a population of 300,000 people in Peterborough and the surrounding region. With a capacity of 494 beds, this regional hospital has one of the busiest Emergency Departments in Ontario, and offers an extensive range of services, including specialized programs in renal, stroke, cardiac, cancer care and vascular surgery.
For the past 37 years, the PRHC Foundation has worked with the community to help save lives and support its patients by funding medical equipment, capital projects, patient programs and staff education. The Foundation wants to help transform patient care at PRHC. It exists to make sure PRHC's expert physicians, nurses and staff have the tools they need to deliver the innovative care required for this community. Donations to the PRHC Foundation support essential equipment and capital projects at Peterborough Regional Health Centre.
The Foundation has built a motivated group and is looking for one more key person to complete its team.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director, Major Gifts is responsible for leading the Major Gifts team; for personally raising major and leadership gifts and for developing and implementing a successful major gifts strategy to secure support from donors of $10,000 and greater. This individual recruits, trains and coaches new team members and leads the Allied Professional Advisory Council and supports the Fundraising Committee of the Board. The Director, Major Gifts leads the research function, manages the prospect pipeline and the activity tracking work of the Foundation.
We encourage those with the following background to apply:
- 5+ years’ major gift fundraising experience in a sophisticated academic/ healthcare leadership position with a track record of success in securing 5 to 7 figure gifts
- Previous campaign experience
- 3+ years in managerial/leadership role with demonstrated success in leading teams to achieve revenue goals
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi task
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Strong organizational skills and analytical skills particularly as they apply to Raiser’s Edge
- A passion for healthcare fundraising
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal; strong public speaker
- Highly professional, acts with integrity
- Strong leader and active coach
- Complete confidentiality and discretion, tact and poise, sound judgement
- Creative, innovative and resourceful
- A drive to succeed personally, and to support team success
- Effective and collaborative team player; sharing information freely
- Experience working with senior volunteers
- University degree
To submit your resume, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/career-portal/index.html#/jobs/65. Select the 'Apply' button to upload your resume and cover letter (in one document) by December 12, 2016.
For additional information please reach out to Susan Mackle 416.977.2913 or 1.705.652.9124 We request all applications be submitted online only. For technical issues, please contact as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We request all cover letters and resumes be submitted in one document online only. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.