Fund Development and Communication OfficerCompany: Parent Resource Centre
Date Posted: November 29, 2016
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Fund Development and Communication Officer (FDCO) is a key member of the office team at PRC. The incumbent will be responsible for executing fundraising and communications efforts including producing marketing materials, press releases, funding proposals, corporate sponsorships, and managing social media accounts and email campaigns. S/he will work with the ED to develop and nurture corporate and community partners for the purposes of fundraising and to elevate the profile of the agency in the community. The FDCO’s core responsibilities are as follows:
- Collaborates with the ED, staff and board to develop and implement a long term resource development plan.
- Recommends to the ED fundraising policies, practices and procedures
- Builds and maintains donor and sponsorship database
- Ensures acknowledgment, recognition and follow up with donors and partners in a timely and appropriate manner
- Manages submission, execution and reporting of all grants in coordination with appropriate staff and volunteers
- Promotes the organization to donors and maximizes public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Identifies, sources and prepares proposals to government, corporations, foundations and private granting agencies
- Ensures all fundraising activities adhere to federal and provincial privacy legislation
- Works collaboratively with Finance Officer to coordinate fundraising and payment processes
- Monitors external markets to identify new partnership and fundraising
- Plans and executes corporate sponsorship programs
- In collaboration with management and the finance officer, prepares and manages all third party contracts
- Provides ongoing evaluation of fundraising including budget comparison, recommendations, action items
- Provides administrative support to the ED around all fundraising and communications activities
- Deposits funds in PRC bank account when required
Events Planning/Public Relations
- Coordinates and oversees all PRC events. Assists with community/third party events as necessary.
- Represents PRC at various external conferences, functions and events
- Develops and builds relationships with community businesses
- Arranges speaking events, media interviews and donor meetings
- Identifies and cultivates community, corporate, and media relationships
- Drafts and distributes press releases and editorials
- Updates and monitors the organizational communications plan
- Manages updates and maintenance of the website
- Manages and creates content for PRC’s social media accounts, website and public information displays
- Monitors stats from social media accounts, MailChimp and Google Analytics
- Plays a primary role in the design, printing and distribution of marketing and promotional tools
- Collaborates with staff to support communications plans around projects and initiatives
- Sit on the board Fund Development and Communications committee as the staff representative
- Fosters an understanding of philanthropy within the organization
Job requirements/Hiring specifications:
- 2 to 3 years of fundraising experience in the non-profit sector
- Post secondary education in communications, marketing or public relations or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Persuasive written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills – including comfortable speaking in large group settings.
- High level of organization, self-starter initiative, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Able to work with a diverse spectrum of people from a variety of faith, civic, business and ethnic backgrounds.
- Able to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Knowledge of legal requirements for nonprofit reporting
- Advanced proficiency using: Microsoft Office, Mail Chimp, Hootsuite, Social Media platforms, Google Analytics and Adobe Photoshop/GIMP.
- Ability to listen to and interpret the concerns and interests of potential stakeholders while representing the interests of PRC
English and French essential
About the Parent Resource Centre
As a children’s charity, the Parent Resource Centre (PRC) is a leader in family support programs and comprehensive training for professionals. With a focus on child development, parent support, training and research, the PRC aims to have a lasting impact on the well-being of children. By using best-practices, we offer a holistic approach to support children, parents and caregivers, as well as front-line service providers who work with and nurture our children.
The PRC is committed to high quality, accessible programs, and provides relevant parenting information that makes a tangible difference in families’ lives. Our service area includes greater Ottawa and the surrounding counties.
With more than 40 years of service in the child and youth sector, the PRC is considered the destination for children, parents, caregivers and professionals.
To apply, please submit your application with cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: December 11th, 2016
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.