Director of DevelopmentCompany: Habitat for Humanity
Date Posted: January 6, 2017
Habitat for Humanity Greater Ottawa (Habitat GO) is seeking an experienced and energetic person to inspire, grow and deepen our base of fund development supporters while building long-term community relationships.
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally and contribute meaningfully to an organization with a recognizable, trusted brand and solid reputation. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Development will provide both leadership and support while designing and implementing strategies that engage, cultivate and grow the financial support of Habitat GO’s individual, corporate and foundation donors.
As part of a growing, supportive and extremely collaborative team, the Director of Development will believe in Habitat GO’s vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to call home and be able to inspire others to contribute the resources we need to successfully pursue our mission and expand our programs.
- Augment and oversee Habitat GO’s fundraising program, which includes major gifts, corporate sponsorships, grant opportunities, planned giving and gift-in-kind resources
- Prepare budgets, critical paths and monthly fundraising reports for the CEO, Finance Committee and Board of Directors
- Work with the CEO to steward donors, and monitor the overall stewardship for major donors, potential legacy donors, corporations and foundations
- Identify, evaluate, solicit, cultivate and manage a portfolio of potential prospects and donors with a focus on securing corporate sponsorship and major gifts
- Oversee volunteer committees
- Oversee the planning and execution of the annual signature fundraising event
- Prepare and organize direct mail campaigns and assist the Director of Engagement with third-party fundraising events and all donor-related communications
- Develop and implement a stewardship strategy to enhance the donor experience
- Establish CRM in-house best practices and oversee all data management (Raiser’s Edge)
- Communicate and champion the mission, values and mandate of Habitat GO
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Not-for-Profit Fundraising, Business, Arts
- Minimum of three years relevant progressive experience in fund development, preferably in a not-for-profit organization
- Sound knowledge of fundraising ethics and proven ability with face-to-face solicitations, grant/proposal writing, planned giving, special events and direct mail campaigns
- Demonstrated success in Board of Directors engagement and volunteer management
- Ability to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience using tracking and reporting systems related to financial management
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written in English (French would be an asset) and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and proficiency with Raiser’s Edge would be considered an asset
- Certificated Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation and membership with the Association of Fundraising Professionals considered an asset
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends, and access to vehicle is an asset
This full-time position offers a salary that will be commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits program. Please submit a resume along with a cover letter clearing outlining how you meet the above requirements and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, 2016.