Regional Fund Development Associate, Ontario North & EastCompany: Cystic Fibrosis Canada
Date Posted: January 12, 2017
Full-time, continuing position, Ottawa, Ontario
Closing Date: January 30, 2017
- Do you want to make meaningful relationships with volunteers and donors?
- Do you find yourself wanting to work with caring and collegial organization?
- Are you looking for a challenge and a chance to grow your skills?
- Do you want to make big and unique contributions for a great cause?
If you are saying yes to these questions, then we would love to hear from you! Cystic Fibrosis Canada has recently undergone a successful organizational transformation and strategic change. A new strategic plan has been developed for the next five years, with a renewed focus on fundraising. As the Associate, Regional Fund Development you will have the opportunity to help deliver on this new strategic plan. We are looking for people who want to make great relationships with volunteers, donors and sponsors and be a team player to grow our fundraising efforts throughout the region. Cystic Fibrosis Canada offers a caring and collegial work environment, an employee discount program, as well as flexible work hours.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
The Regional Fund Development Associate will be expected to cultivate and steward new and existing relationships with donors, volunteers, sponsors and community event organizers throughout the 8 Cystic Fibrosis Canada (CFC) chapters in Ontario North & East Region. Support CFC volunteers fundraising efforts, provide communications and administrative support. Oversee Shinerama portfolio, assist with regional core and partner events, and provide ongoing administrative support to the Regional Executive Director. Will be able to ensure projects are effectively run and timelines and priorities are met. In addition, the candidate should demonstrate the following:
- College or University certification in marketing, special events, fundraising management or volunteer management, plus a work experience in a fundraising environment.
- Previous experience in working with volunteers, donor relations, coordination of special events, and project management.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational and administrative skills to work well independently on several projects concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and creative thinking skills;
- Media relations experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated high energy level and flexibility, team oriented with strong relationship building ability coupled with sound judgment; discreet and able to maintain confidential information, knowledge of correct protocol for specific situations.
- Ability to build relationships, support and empower people remotely (by phone, Skype, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Raisers Edge, website content management and social media platforms is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driving license.
Network and Grow Revenue Opportunity
- Provide support to the Regional Executive Director to maximize revenue opportunities through leadership gifts and building a culture of philanthropy throughout the region;
- Collaborate with Chapter volunteers on the planning, execution and growth of new and existing partner and community events;
- Work with Chapter volunteers to assist with the development of sponsorship and foundation proposals;
- Liaise with Chapter volunteers, leadership, event committees and volunteers on the development of media, marketing materials, announcements and photo opportunities;
- Cultivate and steward existing and new donors, sponsors, community event organizers, and media partners;
- Coordination of Shinerama portfolio throughout the region, support school campaigns and proactively build relationships with new schools;
- Provide additional support to Walk to Make Cystic Fibrosis History committees;
- Represent CFC at various meetings and fundraising events as needed (will require some evening and weekend work).
Drive Community and Volunteer Engagement
- Maintain relationships with new and existing volunteers;
- Help recruit, screen and support volunteers for Boards, committees and events throughout the region;
- Develop and oversee regional speakers bureau program, ensuring proper training and mentorship of volunteer speakers throughout the region;
- Steward and maintain relationships with volunteers.
Communicate Effectively and Demonstrate Impact
- Work with Chapter volunteers and Regional team to develop communications and marketing materials in support of events;
- Collect content submissions, create and distribute the Regional newsletter;
- Maintain content of regional website and oversee Chapter newsletters and social media sites;
- Disseminate regional media advisories, news releases, and public service announcements;
- Support Regional team in identifying areas of growth/opportunity in events and partnerships;
- Perform such other functions in support of the organizations work as may be assigned by the Regional Executive Director;
- Provide guidance to Chapter volunteers and employees to ensure compliance with organizational branding guidelines and, publicity and promotion activities.
Help Maintain Operations
- Provide ongoing administrative support to the Regional Executive Director, Ontario North & East including the collection and management of select donations;
- Coordinate chapter related expenses with the National office; database management, meeting coordination, and general administrative duties;
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure appropriate supplies of organizational materials are on hand.
- To be committed and live the organizations four (4) Values (Excellence, Accountability, Caring and Teamwork);
- Incorporate CF Values into your daily responsibilities and interaction with other employees and volunteers of the organization.
- As assigned by the Regional Executive Director of Ontario North & East.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “Regional Fund Development Associate” in your subject line, and include your salary expectations. *No phone calls please.
Resumes will be considered as they are received.
While, we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
For additional information on our values (Excellence, Accountability, Caring & Teamwork), Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca.