Director, Funds DevelopmentCompany: Tim Horton Children's Foundation
Date Posted: March 30, 2017
Director, Funds Development
We are seeking an experienced, enterprising Fund Development professional, skilled in corporate philanthropy, individual giving, major gifts and in creating innovative development strategies. This role will work out of the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation Home Office located in St. George, Ontario and will develop and implement a sustainable, integrated fund development strategy in order to significantly increase our fundraising revenue in support of our strategic growth priorities.
Reporting to the President & Executive Director, and managing a dedicated team of four direct reports, the Director will develop, lead and ensure the success of the fund development plan. In addition to establishing the strategy, this energetic person will also work hands-on to design and execute tactical plans all while playing an integral part in the future growth of the Foundation.
This role will work closely with all departments across the Foundation, particularly Marketing and Communications, as well as related departments, within the Tim Hortons Corporate and Restaurant system to further strengthen our relationships and partnerships across their Organization. This role requires a creative, resourceful person that will focus on maintaining and establishing new revenue streams for the Foundation from both inside and outside the Tim Hortons system. This position will require an entrepreneurial mindset to identify innovation opportunities to expand, reach and generate new fund raising revenues.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Coordinate the fundraising committee of the THCF Board and develop a strong and productive relationship with its chair and members. In conjunction with the THCF Fundraising committee develop, monitor and revise as necessary, a fundraising plan to fund strategic growth targets.
- Develop, implement and oversee all fund development activities including but, not limited to the following:
- Building the prospect pipeline
- Major individual giving programs and Legacy Giving
- Direct cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current donors, restaurant owners, corporate partners, community stakeholders and other potential donors.
- Develop revenue targets, plans, business management systems, metrics and resources to ensure budgets, targets and goals are achieved with the aim to ensure fundraising efforts are effective, efficient and successful.
- Develop and deliver on a series of unique development campaigns focused on strategic growth priorities.
- Create a culture of philanthropy within the Foundation and within the Tim Hortons system.
- Act as a member of the Camp Day Planning Committee to support the Overall Camp Day campaign to reach or exceed its annual target.Leverage and influence this cross functional team composed of representatives from related departments within Tim Hortons.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications Department to develop and grow Point of Sale opportunities within the Tim Hortons system.
- Act as a member of the Foundation Senior Leadership team to ensure long term success and sustainability of the organization.
- Proven success in developing and implementing strategies for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a full range and value of donations.
- Experienced in corporate philanthropy, major gifts and other innovative fund development approaches.
- Proven track record of developing and executing fund development plans with the aim to build long-term partnerships with donors and prospective clients.
- Senior level experience in the philanthropic sector with demonstrated success in raising incremental new revenue and resources required to meet an Organization’s strategic needs.
- Experience raising funds within a retail environment considered an asset.
- Experienced in customizing development strategies to maximize engagement and impact with current and prospective donors.
- Ability to work on many and varied projects without compromising quality or efficiency.
- Understanding of outreach methodologies and the ability to build relationships.
- Demonstrated competency and experience in leading a dedicated team of fund development staff.
- University or College Degree/Diploma preferred.
- CFRE designation would be considered an asset.
- Bilingual in French and English would be considered an asset.
- Ability to function equally effectively at a strategic planning level as well as at a detailed tactical planning and execution level.
- Experience in process evaluation and innovation to ensure most effective deployment and utilization of resources.
- Experienced in coaching and talent development, and fostering a learning and growth culture.
For more information or, to indicate your interest, please contact Maegan East, Director, Human Resources, at: email@example.com. Please send resume and letter of interest to the email address listed above by April 16th, 2017.