Corporate and Foundation CoordinatorCompany: S.O.S. Children's Villages Canada
Date Posted: April 19, 2017
SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGES CANADA
Founded in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages is one of the world’s leading child protection organizations. In 134 countries, SOS Children’s Villages works with the most vulnerable and marginalized children and families to prevent the breakdown of families, provide loving homes to orphaned and abandoned children, and promote the realization of children rights around the world.
SOS Children’s Villages believes that by focusing on the well-being of children and youth we can encourage the development of whole families and communities.
Please consider applying to this exciting opportunity, with a growing Canadian International Development Organization based in the heart of Ottawa.
Position: Corporate and Foundation Coordinator
Location: Ottawa, ON (ByWard Market)
Job Category: 12 Month Full-Time Term Contract
Job Description: The Corporate and Foundation Officer is a critical member of the International Programs and Partnerships team and is responsible for fundraising for the work of SOS Children’s Villages from Canadian corporations and foundations.
Assisting the Director of International Programs & Partnerships and the Program & Partnership Coordinator, the incumbent will strengthen existing relationships with donors, while helping to achieve annual revenue targets. (S)he will also identify, qualify and (when appropriate) cultivate new relationships with prospective donors. The incumbent will help to coordinate sponsorship of major fundraising events.
The Coordinator will also assist the VP of Philanthropy and Engagement, with the stewardship of major individual donors and the identification of prospective major donors.
- Works closely with the Director of International Programs and Partnerships to assist in the development of increased revenue from institutions through major gifts, partnerships, and events.
Supporting Corporate and Foundation Fundraising (85% of time)
- Assist in stewarding relationships with existing corporate and foundation partners.
- Assist in the development of relationships with new corporate and foundation donors.
- Identify and qualify institutional prospects, build the necessary contacts and develop appropriate proposals.
- Help to secure and steward corporate event sponsors.
Supporting Major Individual Fundraising (15% of time)
- Support VP Philanthropy and Engagement with prospect research and the development of stewardship materials.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in communications, fundraising, sales, marketing or a related field.
- (S)he will have had experience working in a fundraising department, preferably in an International Development NGO.
- Capacity to develop compelling marketing materials for donors.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office, Raisers Edge and Adobe InDesign.
- Strong time management skills and capacity to successful manage multiple competing priorities on tight deadlines.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to work in a small team and independently.
- Highly motivated, takes initiative and has a strong work ethic.
- English and French (an asset).
Salary Range: Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Reports to: Director of International Programs and Partnerships and works closely with the Program and Partnership Officer
More Information: Please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26th, 2017. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not call or drop in.
Please visit our website at: www.soschildrensvillages.ca