Administrative Assistant, PhilanthropyCompany: The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
Date Posted: May 4, 2017
Administrative Assistant, Philanthropy
Location: Civic Campus of The Ottawa Hospital
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation (TOHF) serves the Riverside, Civic, and General campuses of The Ottawa Hospital (TOH) and its Research Institute; and our satellite Cancer Centre site, the Irving Greenberg Family Cancer Centre. Our purpose is to inspire and enable people to support the highest quality patient care and research at The Ottawa Hospital.
At TOHF, we are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest and the most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and work satisfaction for all of our employees.
If your goal is to join a work place where you can excel at what you do, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation is looking to add you as a member of our team. We are currently searching for an Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Vice-President, Philanthropy and Leadership Giving, to provide program and administrative support to our Philanthropy team.
- Providing administrative support to multiple donor programs including Major Gifts, Mid-Level, President’s Council giving as well as signature and community events
- Provide superior customer service to donors, TOH and OHRI staff in person and by phone, as well as when greeting guests or assisting with general enquiries
- Coordinate and prepare donor correspondence (ex. Pledge reminders, thank you letters etc. using mail merges)
- Proficiency in the administrative duties of Raisers Edge and its processes
- Ensure accuracy of Raiser’s Edge database donor records (ex. Address, gift amount, relationship, etc.) as well as hard/electronic donor records
- Support fundraising team with various tasks (correspondence, organizing logistics of meetings/events and other administrative tasks)
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an office environment supporting senior executives
- Superior administrative skills and knowledge of administrative protocols, office procedures and practices to provide daily professional administrative assistance to the Philanthropy team members
- Experience in data processing and with data management systems
- Extensive experience with all components of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with the Raiser’s Edge program
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in juggling various tasks
- Experience in a non-profit environment
- Post-secondary diploma from a recognized community college, or equivalent
Other Qualifications: Bilingualism is a requirement
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter outlining how you feel you can contribute to this position by Friday, May 12, 2017.
Job Contact Information:
Vice-President, Finance and Administration
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st floor (Box 610)
Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8
(Fax) 613 761-5014