Communications CoordinatorCompany: The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
Date Posted: May 4, 2017
The Ottawa Hospital touches the lives of thousands of people every day and from every corner of eastern Ontario. As one of the largest learning and research hospitals in Canada, The Ottawa Hospital specializes in acute care for adults, and innovative, practice-changing research. It is also the region’s only trauma centre and the hub of cancer care, providing the best care to the sickest patients and to those with the most complex health-care issues.
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation is the fundraising arm of The Ottawa Hospital. At the Foundation, we work to inspire and enable our community to support improvements in patient care, ground-breaking research, and state-of-the-art equipment at The Ottawa Hospital. We consider ourselves privileged partners with a community that holds the health of its citizens in high importance.
At TOHF, we are proud to have what we believe to be the best, the brightest and the most dedicated employee team in the entire country! We have worked hard to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and work satisfaction for all of our employees.
If your goal is to join a work place where you can excel at what you do, The Ottawa Hospital Foundation is looking to add you as a member of our team. We are currently searching for a Communications Coordinator.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting members of the Communications and Marketing team (VP, Manager, Communications Officers), as well as helping to roll out various fundraising projects and initiatives.
- Play a supporting role in maintaining team calendars and assist in meeting preparation (creation/printing of documents)
- Maintain budget/accounting for Communications and Marketing department
- Manage photo database for signature events and marketing images
- Help write content for various internal and external publications
- Build content and manage the stakeholder database for a digital newsletter to stakeholders and donors
- Using templates and branding guidelines, update and develop collateral pieces needed for special events and donor recognition
- Oversee regular updates to Foundation website
- Assist with photo submission to community papers
- Provide support for media relations and social media
- Help maintain media tab in donor database
- Help execute special events marketing and communications
The ideal candidate:
- Has great organizational skills
- Has experience working with Adobe Creative Suite specifically: Illustrator, In Design and Photoshop
- Has experience writing stories and content for newsletters and social media.
- Demonstrates initiative and works independently, as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Has tact, diplomacy and maturity in dealing with the public (major donors, volunteers, hospital staff, general public, suppliers)
- Has strong interpersonal and oral communications skills
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Has experience using databases such as Raiser’s Edge
- Has experience using MailChimp (or other eNewsletter software)
- Has experience using Drupal and/or WordPress (or other CMS based software)
- 1-2 years of experience in the communications field
- Bilingualism is an asset
Reports directly to the Manager, Communications & Marketing
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter outlining how you feel you can contribute to this position by Friday, May 12, 2017.
Job Contact Information:
The Ottawa Hospital Foundation
737 Parkdale Avenue, 1st floor
Ottawa, ON K1Y 1J8
(Fax) 613 761-5014