Events CoordinatorCompany: Royal Ottawa Foundation for Mental Health
Date Posted: May 16, 2017
Notice of non-union position vacant
Position: Events Coordinator (The Royal & DIFD)
Regular Full Time (1.0 FTE) Days
Program: Royal Ottawa Foundation for Mental Health
Location: Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
Reporting to the Director, Events, we are seeking a highly organized Events Coordinator to join the Foundation team who will be responsible for the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Foundation's DIFD – Do it for Daron program and initiatives at The Royal, as well as supporting Foundation Core events.
The Royal Ottawa Foundation for Mental Health raises funds to support the best possible patient care and leading edge research provided by the Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre, the Brockville Mental Health Centre, and the uOttawa Institute of Mental Health Research. The Foundation's funds are used to purchase hospital equipment for capital projects, to support research, and to contribute to the improvement of patient care, now and for the future.
Accountability #1: DIFD Program Coordination
- Planning, budgeting and execution phases of annual DIFD strategies and fundraising initiatives
- Primary DIFD - Do It for Daron program liaison with community volunteers, schools and organizations
- Participates as DIFD representative at community led events as required.
- Contributes to status reports for DIFD core volunteer group
Accountability #2: Foundation Events Coordination
- Assists The Royal's Events Team during planning and execution phases of the Foundation's core events (Inspiration Awards, Golf Tournament, Run for Women, Leaders for Mental Health Breakfast)
- Coordinates/supports and delivers successful DIFD and Royal fundraising events and activities
- Responsible for pre-event, event set-up, registration, logistics, post event clean-ups and stewardship, as required by individual events
- Ensures accurate and timely records are kept utilizing the foundation's database (Raiser's Edge).
- Maintains Foundation website, including third party event section
- Exploits social media knowledge and skills to optimize fund development and event promotion opportunities
- Provides day to day administrative support to Events and Foundation Team members
- Work in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient/client safety practices, policies and procedures of the Royal.
- Ensure a work environment that is conductive to the Royal's Respectful Workplace policy.
- Other duties as assigned in support of the Foundation's Events.
- Post-secondary education, graduate of an administrative, project and/or events management program preferred.
- One to three years related and recent administrative, project and/or event management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- A demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure of time constraints.
- A proven ability to work independently with the flexibility to take on a wide variety of assigned duties and projects.
- Strong verbal and written skills, including accuracy, proofreading, and ability to write clear communications materials for public distribution.
- Excellent word-processing, presentation and spreadsheet skills (ideally Microsoft Office) and a good understanding of computer applications.
- Knowledge of social media applications.
- Experience with fund raising data base, particularly Raiser's Edge is an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours and occasional evenings and weekends to accommodate event schedules.
- English level A- is mandatory in oral expression, comprehension, reading and writing. Bilingual (French/English) level A- is considered an asset.
- All applicants must provide a recent resume that clearly indicate that they meet the required qualifications.
- Please apply directly at our website www.theroyal.ca/careers . You will be prompted to either create a new account or login to your account. The position will remain open until May 26, 2017.
- The Royal sincerely thanks all applicants for their interest in a career with us; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- All new hires will be required to obtain a Criminal Records Check as a pre-condition of employment.