Fundraising CoordinatorCompany: Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation
Date Posted: May 17, 2017
Position Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Leadership Gifts
Direct Reports: N/A
Date Prepared: May 2017
Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation
The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation is the voice for cancer survivorship in Eastern Ontario.
The Cancer Foundation is a leader in our community in providing local residents with increased access to person-centered care through the delivery of the Cancer Coaching health and social care service, innovative cancer research and a world-class clinical trials program.
For more information please visit www.ottawacancer.ca.
Purpose of Position:
The Fundraising Coordinator contributes to the major gift program and events, sponsorship programs of the Foundation by collaborating with and supporting the Philanthropy team and, in particular, the Director, Leadership Gifts by producing solicitation materials, coordinating events and providing administrative support.
- Provide administrative support to the Director, Leadership Gifts for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors including: preparation of correspondence, gathering information and coordinating submissions between team members; preparing packages to offer donors (i.e. naming opportunities, etc.).
- Coordinate meetings with donor prospects and leadership volunteer committees, including: arranging all logistics, agenda and materials involved in the preparation and/or scheduling of meetings.
- Oversee preparation of meetings and manage follow-up action lists.
- Develop and write materials for donors including tailored solicitation letters, stewardship letters, donor agreements, proposals and appeals for major gifts.
- Conduct research on current and prospective major gift donors (corporate and individual), manage donor lists, and develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for a range of prospects.
- Manage detailed records of prospects and donors including contact information, conversations, solicitation and stewardship activity, acknowledgements, proposal submissions, reports and notes; track activities in reports and / or Raiser’s Edge database; work with Gift Processing to ensure integrity of the data, including the maintenance of clear, complete and up-to-date records on donors and prospects.
- Provide full services support for comprehensive campaigns including tracking next steps, pledge commitments, solicitation strategy management and reporting.
- Work in collaboration with the fundraising team to develop, implement, and manage the internal systems of prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Assist the fundraising team by producing various donor prospect lists for cultivation and solicitation purposes; produce targeted mailing lists for communications, solicitations, invitations, etc.; Generate daily, weekly and monthly reports and/or queries from Raiser’s Edge for management.
- Work closely with fundraisers, senior management, and staff to design and deliver analytic reports that will support data-driven decision making; to identify key reporting needs and develop the data capacity to meet those needs; develop a core suite of reports and provide training and support to enable senior management to use business intelligence and analytic tools to support goals.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all donor information and Foundation material.
- Other duties as business needs dictate.
Authority / Challenges
The Fundraising Coordinator provides support to the Philanthropy team and the Director of Leadership Gifts in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts donors. This position has a direct impact on the efficiency of this team’s activities and on the accuracy of information that the team uses to drive revenue. The Fundraising Coordinator has a key role in the planning and management of cultivation and stewardship events including the decision making on the many details involved in event logistics. For other decisions, the incumbent makes recommendations and seeks approval from the Director of Leadership Gifts.
The Fundraising Coordinator is also tasked with the preparation of various documents and must be able to present information in a compelling manner to describe what the Foundation funds in order to garner and increase donations. The incumbent also works with other departments such as Survivorship Care and Communications in the gathering of information and in the preparation of documents.
The Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for maintaining integrity of the database regarding major gifts and its donors to ensure accuracy of information. The Fundraising Coordinator uses the database to produce accurate reports in order to support the entire Fundraising Team.
One of the key challenges of this role is to be able to prioritize the many tasks in order to achieve optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong prioritizing and organizing, project and time management skills
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- MS Office; Raiser’s Edge; database management; ability to learn new software quickly
Post-secondary diploma from a recognized community college, or equivalent
- Two (2) years in fundraising organization or administrative role;
- Raiser’s Edge program;
- Non-profit environment, understanding of donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship practices.
English (Bilingual an asset)
The position is located in pleasant working conditions; has normal office activity of sitting, standing, walking and carrying; may sit for long periods of time with the ability to get up and move around as necessary. The position performs a variety of administrative tasks; may have long hours of operating a computer; peak busy periods during and after events; and, regularly works with confidential information
Conditions of Employment:
- Permanent, fulltime, occasional weekends or evenings may be required for events
- The successful candidate will be asked to provide a current criminal records check
“Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request”
As part of our recruitment process, we work closely with Concord Consulting. If you wish to be considered for this position, please begin your submission by taking this Pro.file Performance System survey (you will need approximately 20 min.) http://www.profileperformancesystem.com/survey.html?SL=51559 . Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org once you have completed the survey.