Director of DevelopmentCompany: Ashbury College
Date Posted: June 27, 2017
Director of Development - Full-Time, Indefinite Term
Established in 1891, Ashbury College is a leading independent school for boys and girls, Grades 4 to 12. Promoting academic excellence, community participation, character development, personal growth, and international engagement, our Ottawa based school attracts students from across the National Capital Region, Canada, and over 60 countries.
Ashbury’s Development department builds strong relationships with our broad constituents, promoting philanthropy, and raising the financial resources to help drive the College’s key initiatives. These include developing targeted centres of academic excellence, funding a new Science and Innovation building, and enhancing our financial plan to help prospective students benefit from and enhance the Ashbury Community.
We are currently seeking a full-time Director of Development to help develop and lead Ashbury College’s comprehensive fundraising strategy including our Major Gifts, Annual Fund, Planned Giving, Direct Mail, Donor Stewardship and Capital Campaign programs.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Advancement, you will work closely with Ashbury College’s Foundation Board, Guild, alumni, and have contact with many of the National Capital Region’s elite business and community leaders. Leading the three-member Development department team, your ambitious and impactful initiatives will include:
- Develop an overarching planned giving strategy and build a prospect pipeline
- Analyze direct mail results towards successfully segmenting the direct mail program
- Create a digital, on-line giving strategy
- Identify donor prospect constituencies, and build tailored engagement strategies
- Identify and track metrics for the Development team and Foundation Board
- Streamline financial procedures and protocols, and maximizing the effectiveness of our donor database
- Establish donor clubs, and develop donor newsletters and other communications vehicles
- Create and/or leverage College events as fundraising cultivation activities
- Develop a capital campaign appeal strategy and action plan
- Build an international alumni engagement strategy
- Control and administering the Foundation and Development department budgets
We’d like to hear from you if you have at least 5 years of senior experience in development and fundraising including;
- A track record of proven accomplishments in a broad range of fundraising activities, ideally in an independent school environment,
- A related Bachelor Degree, CFRE accreditation preferred, or equivalent combination of work experience and education,
- Understanding of CRA regulations regarding the management of charitable giving,
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills,
- Creativity, and a high level of energy and commitment,
- A commitment to confidentiality, working collaboratively, and projecting professionalism,
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge, Word, Excel, and statistics-based database programs.
Please e-mail your resume with a brief description of why you think you would be a great fit with Ashbury College to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please quote “Development Director” in the subject line. We need to receive your application by no later than July 14, 2017.
Thank you for your interest in Ashbury College. For more information about our school, please visit us at www.ashbury.ca . To learn more about the National Capital Region, visit https://www.ottawatourism.ca/
Ashbury College is a respectful, inclusive and accessible workplace. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please let us know by e-mail to email@example.com, or by calling the College at 613-749-9630 and ask to speak with our Director of Human Resources.