Director of Direct FundraisingCompany: CARE Canada
Date Posted: July 10, 2017
CARE Canada is currently seeking a Director of Direct Fundraising.
As a senior member of the Program Innovation, Resource Mobilization and Partnerships team, the Director of Direct Fundraising will be responsible for the oversight and strategic direction of CARE Canada’s direct fundraising program as well as its day to day operations.
Specifically, the Director of Direct Fundraising is responsible for a coordinated multichannel fundraising program including Direct Mail, Telemarketing, Street/Door-to-Door canvassing, and digital fundraising. The Director, Direct Fundraising provides a leadership role in donor acquisition as well as the retention and migration of donors through a solid donor journey, oversees database analysis and prospect research.
What you offer:
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, business, fundraising or other related field, or equivalent level of experience
- Varied experience in fundraising, marketing and communications, with strong understanding of direct marketing
- Proven strategic experience in designing and executing a successful direct response program
- Knowledge of direct response best practices with hands-on experience in their application
- Experience maintaining effective vendor relationships
- Familiar with digital technologies, especially as they relate to fundraising and donor acquisition
- Proven ability to lead a team and successfully plan and execute fundraising initiatives to meet targets
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communicator
- Proven relationship cultivation experience and skills
- High level of professionalism and drive, with an infectious enthusiasm and passion for delivering results
- Computer literate with expertise with Office Suite,
- Senior level strategic decision making experience, including strong relationship management skills and preference to be part of a results driven team
What would make you extraordinary (Assets)?
- Familiarity with international development and humanitarian sector and ability to communicate sector to a public audience
- Bilingual (English/French)
- MBA or Masters in related field
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure;
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services;
- Learning and Development opportunities, and specialised training;
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy;
- A family friendly environment;
- Free parking; transportation routes, central location which is close to popular amenities;
- Business casual four days per week, Jeans Fridays;
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities;
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. In over 80 countries, CARE works with the poorest communities to improve basic health and education, enhance rural livelihoods and food security, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity, help vulnerable people adapt to climate change and provide lifesaving assistance during emergencies. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls, living in poverty, because, equipped with the proper resources, women and girls have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. To learn more, visit www.care.ca
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you. Please apply directly at before https://goo.gl/jD3Cak July 23, 2017. Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is identified.
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.