Manager, Philanthropic RelationshipsCompany: Shepherds of Good Hope Foundation
Date Posted: August 1, 2017
Shepherds of Good Hope is a not-for-profit shelter and soup kitchen based in the ByWard Market, which also operates supportive living facilities throughout the City of Ottawa. We work with many of the most vulnerable citizens in our nation’s Capital.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Manager, Philanthropic Relationships is responsible for managing and stewarding major gifts and planned giving initiatives, identifying and recommending new funding sources, and building long-term relationships with corporate donors and community members. He/she also manages the Special Events and Grants Coordinator. All aspects of this role incorporate a high level of collaboration with the Foundation Director and team members of the Foundation and Shepherds of Good Hope.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and manage a comprehensive business development and marketing plan focused on enhancing and expanding philanthropic relationships
- Manage and support the efforts of the Special Events and Grant Coordinator.
- Seek opportunities to generate new funding sources
- Identify, cultivate and solicit new donors, major gift donors, prospect donors, legacy donors and stakeholders
- Steward current donors to achieve optimal donor acquisition and retention goals
- Fulfill fundraising initiatives to achieve or exceed annual revenue goals set in collaboration with the Director
- Actively work to establish long-term partnerships while strengthening existing relationships with corporate donors and other key community members
- Ensure accurate and timely tracking and reporting of fundraising activities using Raiser’s Edge
- Implement plans and meets goals while adhering to budgetary responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver written and verbal presentations and participate in public relations and promotional activities to raise awareness and funds
- Assist in the development of Foundation policies
- Tour donors and prospects through our program and residences
- Possess an excellent knowledge of pertinent legislation, regulations and guidelines related to fundraising
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Degree in marketing and communications, public relations, English or journalism and/or a combination of education and experience in fundraising in the not-for-profit sector.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing planned giving and major gifts strategies
- Supremely confident and adept at making one-to-one requests of donors
- Previous management experience providing administrative support, coaching and support to employees
- Proven track record in developing and managing fundraising initiatives and in executing donor acquisition and retention strategies
- A valid driver’s license
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
Skills & Abilities
- Superior relationship building skills
- Proven ability to effectively steward contributors and understand the interests, needs and values of donors, with a special emphasis on planned giving and major gift donors
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office software, as well as other database programs as required
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Good project and time management skills
- Effective prioritization skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to create goals, objectives and work according to plans
- Sound financial management skills
- Knowledge of homeless and housing issues
If you have the desire to work for an organization that is dedicated to creating a community for all through acceptance, compassion and care please send your cover letter including salary expectations along with your resume to email@example.com quoting file 2017-049 by August 18, 2017. We appreciate your interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Shepherds of Good Hope is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of our clients, residents, employees and volunteers, including those with disabilities. Please inform if you require accommodation through the hiring process, so that we can make every effort to meet your needs.