Executive DirectorCompany: Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation
Date Posted: January 18, 2018
Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation
Permanent, Full Time
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Executive Director for the Renfrew Victoria Hospital Foundation (RVHF) reporting directly to the RVHF Board of Directors. The Executive Director provides strategic and operational leadership to the Foundation, and plans and implements strategies to ensure comprehensive and successful fundraising programs.
The Executive Director is responsible for executing the fundraising and operational objectives of the Foundation. He/she provides leadership, direction and expertise to the Foundation’s activities and fundraising programs. The successful applicant must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to build successful working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, has strong project management and leadership skills, and has several years of experience working in the core areas of fundraising – major gifts, grants, direct mail, and special events including planned giving, ideally in a healthcare setting. Key priorities of the position include: initiating, planning and implementing an ongoing comprehensive fundraising program to support patient care and capital programs; managing day-to-day operations of the Foundation; and, collaborating with the Foundation’s Board of Directors on annual goals and objectives. Preference will be given to candidates that have the following Qualifications & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field;
- Recognized professional certification (CFRE) and membership affiliations (AFP, AHCP);
- Minimum of five years of progressive fundraising experience, preferably in a healthcare environment;
- Knowledge of related standards, legislation and best practices;
- Demonstrated success in major gifts, planned giving programs and capital campaigns;
- Working knowledge of not-for-profit management, including financial and fund development skills;
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with a volunteer board;
- Proven time and project management skills;
- Ability to make frequent independent decisions and adaptations of standard procedures;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and achieve objectives within deadlines;
- Strong communication, public relations, presentation, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of local community issues and needs an asset;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with Donor Perfect software; and,
- Able to work a flexible schedule in conjunction with events including evenings and weekends.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes by February 9, 2018 at 12:00 hours to firstname.lastname@example.org or Julia Boudreau, V.P. Corporate Services, RVH, 499 Raglan Street North, Renfrew, Ontario, K7V 1P6. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. RVHF is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851.