Specialist, Relay for Life YouthCompany: Canadian Cancer Society
Date Posted: January 26, 2018
POSITION: Specialist, Relay for Life Youth
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager
LOCATION: Ottawa, ON
STATUS: Regular, Full Time
Working as part of the provincial team, this role will actively solicit new business opportunities throughout secondary schools and meet aggressive revenue targets for the Relay For Life Youth Program. This is a remote/home base position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit, train, mentor and steward relationships with secondary schools in a designated catchment area (Eastern Ontario) to implement Relay For Life.
- Support and motivate organizing committees involved with the program at various locations throughout Eastern Ontario; attend committee meetings when necessary
- Provide ongoing training and guidance to organizing committees
- Present the program to potential schools, boards and youth groups to secure their support (which may include attending assemblies, presenting to staff/faculty, engaging in discussions over the phone, etc)
- Oversee overall implementation process of Youth Relay. This can include securing additional resources, monitoring performance against plan, responding to unanticipated problems, and ensuring successful completion of all key deliverables.
- Participate in planning and coordinating logistics and delivery of training conferences
- Implement strategies for school promotion
- Liaise with local Canadian Cancer Society offices and internal departments regarding the program
- Adhere to all administration procedures as required
- Ensure appropriate implementation and follow-up of program events
- Other duties as required
- Works in compliance with the provisions of The Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, and complies with the Society’s Health & Safety Policy. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Related post-secondary education; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years fundraising, event planning or related experience; demonstrated experience in the implementation of events at the youth and community level
- Experience working with youth preferred; working with volunteers and working within the Ontario educational system an asset
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills; including the ability to negotiate and influence others
- Solid project management, organizational and time management skills
- Fluent in French and English
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Knowledge of Canadian Cancer Society policies and procedures would be an asset
- Please note that in keeping with the mandate of the Canadian Cancer Society to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about Society premises or while carrying out CCS business.
Please note that in keeping with the mandate of the Canadian Cancer Society to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about Society premises or while carrying out CCS business.
- Significant travel required (2-5 days per week)
- Home based office when not traveling
- Occasional evening and weekend work; will need to adjust hours and schedule as necessary to meet the demands of the program
- May work outdoors and be exposed to elements during some events
- Criminal records check is required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values:
CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to the careers section of our webiste at www.cancer.ca by February 8, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Cancer Society is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.