Senior Development Officer – Corporate PartnershipsCompany: Science North
Date Posted: January 30, 2018
Science North has a dynamic organizational culture where every day is as unique as a snowflake. If you are ready to take the next step toward an exciting and rewarding career in sponsorship and philanthropy, we have the position for you!
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Development, the Senior Development Officer will contribute to the achievement of our mission by stewarding relationships with, and growing support from, current and future corporate partners and sourcing, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and securing support from new partners to fulfill our strategic plan initiatives. The chosen candidate will also be responsible for ensuring these partners receive optimal recognition for their investment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders to ensure activation and stewardship fulfills the goals of our partnerships, employee giving campaigns and cause-marketing programs.
- Supports the acquisition, growth and retention of corporate partnerships to generate revenue, based on identified key strategic initiatives and priorities
- Acts as the sponsorship expert internally; collaborates with other departments to ensure the coordination of asks, identification of best prospects and results of asks
- Develops clear, researched, targeted and effective written and visually appealing proposals
- Work with Senior Manager, Development to identify new opportunities, develop cultivation strategies and conduct introductory calls/visits with prospects
- Work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders to grow and execute Science North’s Corporate Giving Membership program
- Ensures all sponsor and donor fulfillment is delivered and reported back to sponsor/donor
- In collaboration with Senior Manager Development, develops and oversees corporate sponsorship strategy and fulfillment for Science North’s annual fundraising gala
- Works with marketing to inspire external stakeholders through effective and accurate communication of Science North’s strategic priorities in line with the interests of donors and prospects
- Lead the development and implementation of best in class activations and stewardship of partners by working collaboratively with internal stakeholders
- Handles sponsor communication requirements for events and liaises with other units as required
- Proven success in working closely with medium to large national corporations and brands and building multi-market strategies; preferably in the not-for- profit sector
- A post-secondary degree and/or diploma that lends to the position
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving
- Superior people skills
- Results-oriented with ability to negotiate and close deals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using contact management software (Smartsheet, Excel and CRM)
- A valid G driver’s license in good standing
- Fluency in French will be considered an asset
Compensation package highlights:
This is a long-term position supported by an excellent compensation package:
- Salary starting at $42,600 per year
- Annual performance and merit increase consideration
- Participation in the Science North Employee Incentive Plan
- Comprehensive group benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/travel insurance, short and long term disability coverage
- Pension plan following one year
- Free or discounted admission to partner attractions outside Sudbury, Science North facilities and program discounts, fitness membership contribution
- Professional development opportunities
- Minimum 3 weeks’ vacation
Interested applicants are asked to apply on-line at sciencenorth.ca/employment quoting Job Number 9-853. Deadline for applications is February 9, 2018. Science North is committed to an inclusive workplace and invites applications from all qualified individuals to join our diverse team. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of Science North’s selection process. We thank all interested candidates; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Science North is a registered charity.
Science North is an agency of the Government of Ontario.