Marketing & Communications SpecialistCompany: Queensway Carleton Hospital Foundation
Date Posted: February 7, 2018
- As a key member of the Foundation, the Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for the development and execution of the marketing and communications strategy of the Queensway Carleton Hospital Foundation. This Includes the coordination of powerful stories of the Foundation, its donors, grateful patients, and stakeholders through all forms of print and digital communications.
- Reporting to the President and CEO, this role relies on expertise in marketing and communications with a strong understanding of incorporating strategic direction through multiple communication channels. The Marketing & Communications Specialist will develop and execute marketing and communications plans for the Foundation within approved budgets. The position is responsible for creating brand equity and ensuring brand integrity and consistency across all marketing channels.
Marketing and Communications Strategy:
- Create, implement, and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications plan in support of QCHF’s strategic goals and objectives. The plan contributes to QCHF’s reputation as a leader in healthcare fundraising in the broader community.
- Oversee the conceptual development of creative messages and marketing tools and apply data to assess the effectiveness of marketing and communications activities.
- Oversee the Foundation’s social media strategies and web-based communications tools to address marketing plans, challenges and opportunities across Foundation programs.
- Incorporate communications and marketing expertise to strengthen the Foundation mission to build a culture of philanthropy amongst hospital staff, physicians, and volunteers.
- Serve as principal writer and editor for a wide variety of print and electronic projects including annual Foundation collateral and promotional materials, project summaries for a diverse array of Foundation objectives, select funding proposals, web site content, power point presentations and more.
- Co-ordinate the development of marketing content, messages, and graphic concepts and designs for ongoing initiatives including, but not limited to: case development, proposals, donor updates, corporate communications, newsletters, Annual Reports, two-pagers, Signature Events, community events, posters, e-communications, website, brochures, etc.
Project Management of Communications and Marketing:
- Plan, execute and manage all marketing and communications projects: defining internal and external team roles and responsibilities, developing and working to a critical path for each project and monitoring effectiveness of each in engaging its target audience.
- Oversee execution of RFP process for marketing and communication related initiatives/projects.
- Manage contracts and relationships with external vendors, freelancers and design providers.
- Development and implementation of traditional and web-based communication best practices, procedures
- Develop and/or contribute to style, brand and process guidelines; educate colleagues on the availability and use of templates and standardized pieces.
- Liaise with colleagues across annual giving and campaign programs to integrate standards of communication.
- Ensure articulation of the Foundation’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position with internal staff, and assure communication of image and position to all Hospital and external stakeholders.
- Proactively seek out opportunities and achieve success in reputation management, brand strategies, marketing, social media, campaigns, publications, events and internal communications designed to create a positive image for the Foundation.
- Degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field or diploma in journalism, communications, marketing or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in communications/media/public relations including 1-2 years experience in not-for profit/foundation/charity
- Experience with strategic thinking, business partnering and presentation skills
- Keen aptitude for communication and interpersonal relations with superior customer service skills
- Demonstrated leadership for hands-on communication projects
- Relationship builder who is able to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders to maintain positive, professional relationships and employ a strong sense of diplomacy
- Detail oriented with great initiative and creativity
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward your résumé by February 13th, 2018 to:
Queensway Carleton Hospital